Sooner State Pawn Oklahoma Second Amendment Association 2A Shooting Center Harsh Firearms Fat Boy Tactical
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    savagenation2011

Default Kimber Solo versus Kahr CM9? What do you think?

Hey trying to decide between Kahr CM9 and Kimber Solo what are your thoughts?

Default Re: Kimber Solo versus Kahr CM9? What do you think?

I really like the look of the solo but I've heard they are very ammo specific. I would go with the kahr, it's a proven system. I have the pm40 and love it

The kahr is a proven system. I do not have any first had expierence with the kimber, but I was in the same situation as you earlier this year. I did lots of reading and research before I purchased the kahr. The kimber had a lot of mixed reviews. 99% of the reviews I read on the cm were positive.

I can tell you that I love my CM9 and it has never had a failure of any kind.
    Sam
    ATM
    Gig'Em Aggies

Leave Feedback For Me Here

Blog Entries

I have a Kahr PM9 and it's been perfect so far with a variety of ammo.

As much as I dislike Kahr's I'd take the CM9.

The 3 Solo's I've encountered have had this problem where the magazine falls out during firing. And they have no texture to them. They're completely slick.

Quote Originally Posted by aeropb View Post
    As much as I dislike Kahr's I'd take the CM9.

The 3 Solo's I've encountered have had this problem where the magazine falls out during firing. And they have no texture to them. They're completely slick.
    Kimber is addressing the slick grip issue with an upcoming version called the CDP, which has checkering on both the front and back straps. Unfortunately, they bundle the CDP with laser grips, so that will jack up the price quite a bit, especially if you don't want a laser on your handgun. That said, I've handled the Solo and the CM9 and PM9, and if I was plunking down as much cash as it'd take to buy the Solo, I'd buy the PM9.

You can't go wrong with the Khar..In my opinion it is one of the best platforms for semi auto concealed carry.
    "When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share"

Cm9 hands down. Had one w/ no problems, and for 420 otd cant beat it!
    Roll Tide... Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Perplexed View Post
    Kimber is addressing the slick grip issue with an upcoming version called the CDP, which has checkering on both the front and back straps. Unfortunately, they bundle the CDP with laser grips, so that will jack up the price quite a bit, especially if you don't want a laser on your handgun. That said, I've handled the Solo and the CM9 and PM9, and if I was plunking down as much cash as it'd take to buy the Solo, I'd buy the PM9.
    **** kimber

savagenation2011

WOW, Thanks for the replies guys it looks like a KAHR cm9 is in my future! I do really like to the Kimber Solo though.

Neither, Rohrbaugh R9.

Kahr, I'm not a big fan of manual safeties on my ccw guns. My pm9 has proven to be a reliable weapon and it carries so nice, I would expect the same from the CM9!
    Qui audet adipiscitur

double tap.
    Last edited by F16mickey; 11-12-2011 at 07:04 AM.
    Qui audet adipiscitur

Quote Originally Posted by OKCShooter View Post
    Neither, Rohrbaugh R9.
    Assuming reliability is on level with either (although I've heard one negative about Rohrbaugh), what are the advantages of the Rohrbaugh over the CM9/PM9 that justify the cost? The mag release seems like it would be a pain. How does the trigger compare?
    My Feedback
    http://www.okshooters.com/showthread...ght=maverick21

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    I once beat up a chick for farting in my 20 year old new to me farm truck. Automobiles are precious we must protect them as if they are an extension of ourselves. Women can be replaced.