Kimber Solo versus Kahr CM9? What do you think?

• Thread starter savagenation2011
  • Start Date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like the look of the solo but I've heard they are very ammo specific. I would go with the kahr, it's a proven system. I have the pm40 and love it

powdernlead

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The kahr is a proven system. I do not have any first had expierence with the kimber, but I was in the same situation as you earlier this year. I did lots of reading and research before I purchased the kahr. The kimber had a lot of mixed reviews. 99% of the reviews I read on the cm were positive.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As much as I dislike Kahr's I'd take the CM9.

The 3 Solo's I've encountered have had this problem where the magazine falls out during firing. And they have no texture to them. They're completely slick.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As much as I dislike Kahr's I'd take the CM9.

The 3 Solo's I've encountered have had this problem where the magazine falls out during firing. And they have no texture to them. They're completely slick.

Kimber is addressing the slick grip issue with an upcoming version called the CDP, which has checkering on both the front and back straps. Unfortunately, they bundle the CDP with laser grips, so that will jack up the price quite a bit, especially if you don't want a laser on your handgun. That said, I've handled the Solo and the CM9 and PM9, and if I was plunking down as much cash as it'd take to buy the Solo, I'd buy the PM9.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kimber is addressing the slick grip issue with an upcoming version called the CDP, which has checkering on both the front and back straps. Unfortunately, they bundle the CDP with laser grips, so that will jack up the price quite a bit, especially if you don't want a laser on your handgun. That said, I've handled the Solo and the CM9 and PM9, and if I was plunking down as much cash as it'd take to buy the Solo, I'd buy the PM9.

**** kimber

Latest posts

Top Bottom