Bad day at the horse track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My father-in-law has been a horse trainer for over 40 years and yesterday was the last race of the season for him at the track at Claremore. He had one horse in, a 3 year old philly that is green but has really shown a lot of promise. She had placed in several races but never had taken first yet.My wife and I are very involved in taking care of these horses. My wife is out there every day helping train, feed, bath and brush the horses and has become quite attached to all of them.
Long story short the horse got bumped coming out the gate and went down breaking her back in the process and had to be put down on the track.The jockey walked away only shaken up and scared. We are all devastated to say the least. I know it is a dangerous sport and things happen but we were really in shock all day at the loss. Yesterday was a really sad and somber day and my wife cried and has really taken it hard.
Just needed to vent. Thanks
i160.photobucket.com_albums_t185_okhunter_album_darkmind11_12_11011.jpg

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I know exactly how you feel! We(I) had to put one of our sick horses down several years ago and I felt sick for a week.
Hopefully atleast the track vet did it for you the easy way.
Sorry for your loss.

Latest posts

Top Bottom