WWII Surplus GI .45 ACP Ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got an alert on a sale for this stuff.

$199 for a sealed can of 600 rounds.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/44...of-50-evansville-ordnance-chrysler-production

media.midwayusa.com_productimages_large_445_445248.jpg

This year marks the 100th anniversary of the invention of the 1911 pistol by John M. Browning. Chambered for the 45 ACP cartridge, the pistol was standard issue for US armed forces from 1911 to 1985. To commemorate the 100 th anniversary, our buyers obtained a very limited supply of GI issue, 45 ACP ammunition that was manufactured during World War II. The highly collectable ammunition is sealed in 600 round metal spam cans that have been stored in a dry environment to prevent rust or corrosion. Available in your choice of three manufacturers: Evansville Ordnance (Chrysler), Evansville, Ohio, Winchester, Bridgeport Connecticut and Evansville Ordnance (Sunbeam) Evansville, Indiana. The original wooden crates, which hold two spam cans are available for separate purchase. This is a rare opportunity to expand your collection of WW II vintage ammunition!

Technical Information

•Manufacturer: Evansville Ordnance (Chrysler)
•Headstamp: EC
•Caliber: 45 ACP
•Bullet Weight: 230 Grains
•Bullet Style: M1911 Ball Full Metal Jacket
•Case Type: Mildly-corrosively primed steel case

Notes:

•This ammunition is surplus USGI ammunition made during WWII
•Ammunition ships in a sealed M5 ammunition can
•Can has T2AAF painted on the side
•Can comes with a turn key attached to the side of the can

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a can of this for many years. Sold it off in a dire time of need, interesting part is that I believe this is steel cased ammo. I did open my can and it is cool to see the dates on the boxes like above. That is genuine article wwII ammo!

**oops, just saw you posted it as steel case** on that note, all steel ammo is not bad gents, heck even the good ole us of a used to make it. lol

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Huh, I didn't realize that the GI's used steel-cased pistol ammo. Makes sense though during the brass shortages of WW2. Folks, if you're thinking of shooting this stuff, be sure to clean your pistol right away, because this ammo is slightly corrosive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom