Dick's sporting goods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was curious what folks think about the new sporting goods store in town.
I stopped by the one off Hwy. 75 today and wasn't impressed. Was wondering if I'm missing something or is Dick's not the place to find bargains?
Seemed to have good inventory for the most part but stuff I priced was like WOW!!!
Example; 50 rd box of ultramax .45 long colt (cowboy loads) was $50. And that's the only selection they had. I left shortly thereafter.
In all fairness, I haven't checked walmart (dunno if they have it) or bass pro for comparison but did see it at Wannamachers for $25 though. Academy has it online at $32 for winchester.

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Way high on guns, no handguns. Very limited selection of ammo. I did get a box of .40 fmj for the range for 16 bucks. And they also had tactical stocks for mossberg 500's for 75.00. But that was about it.

GForce89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is this the first one in oklahoma or something? I am surprised that you guys didnt know the name fits the store. Everyone i have ever been to is the same, a bunch of overpriced merchandise. It might even be worse than bass pro on pricing.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dicks is more for the people that have no idea how to camp or go hiking or trail ride a mountain bike, but want to try all those things, and they price gouge for it, almost everything you can get at Dicks can be had online for 50% less, especially Columbia and North Face apparel.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dick's was very popular out in GA when I was stationed there. That being said, I don't think anyone seriously considered them a good hunting/camping/fishing store. They have a very nice golf shop for a "big box" store. That's about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom