Recticles: Vortex Viper PST MOA vs MRAD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Which one do you guys prefer and what are the pros and cons of both?

Here's info on the MOA:

With each click of the Viper PST moving the point-of-impact 1/4 MOA, it will take four clicks of the knob to move a bullet’s point-of impact 1.05 inches at a 100 yard sight-in distance.

[Broken External Image]

Here's info on the MRAD:

With each click of the Viper PST moving the point-of-impact .1 mrad (.36 inches), four clicks will move the bullet’s point-of-impact 1.44 inches at a 100 yard sight-in distance. At 100 meters, four clicks will move the point-of-impact four centimeters.

[Broken External Image]

I like how the Mrad has the half lines but don't like how the clicks .36" at 100 yards...seems like it would easier to do the MOA 1/4" clicks. What do you guys think?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mils are easiest with Meters, MOA easiest with yards.

Make sure the knobs and reticle are both in whatever you choose, and you've got it pretty easy. The only reason I'd go with Mil reticle and MOA knobs is if I was going to do things the old-school Army way.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks EZ.

The knobs match the reticle. I think I'm going to go the mil route as I like the odd and 1/2 number marks and the math is easier to do in my head.

Latest posts

Top Bottom