Woman denied food stamps shoots children, kills herself...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is crazy. What gets me is the billions of money, supplies and troops we send to other countries for "aid", especially during disasters. Have any of those countries ever sent us "aid" when we had a disaster? Like Katrina or the big oil spill? I see commercials on TV all the time, "send money to help those who can't in other countries". When are we going to start taking care of our own people in our own country?

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very sad. Hope the kids come out okay. Whether this is mental illness or not, this is , I think, the natural consequence that will occur when people who have been conditioned to rely upon the aid of others are suddenly forced to confront their own needs using their own devices. It sounds like being far more than pissed off about the situation, she was completely unprepared to deal with having to rely upon herself. I wonder if people can become so heavily reliant upon government assistance that it shifts their mental capacity much like drug to the point that they actually lose the ability to provide for themselves and are totally dependent upon government help.

JonN06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is crazy. What gets me is the billions of money, supplies and troops we send to other countries for "aid", especially during disasters. Have any of those countries ever sent us "aid" when we had a disaster? Like Katrina or the big oil spill? I see commercials on TV all the time, "send money to help those who can't in other countries". When are we going to start taking care of our own people in our own country?

This is something I agree with.

Also, you can't control crazy.

JonN06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very sad. Hope the kids come out okay. Whether this is mental illness or not, this is , I think, the natural consequence that will occur when people who have been conditioned to rely upon the aid of others are suddenly forced to confront their own needs using their own devices. It sounds like being far more than pissed off about the situation, she was completely unprepared to deal with having to rely upon herself. I wonder if people can become so heavily reliant upon government assistance that it shifts their mental capacity much like drug to the point that they actually lose the ability to provide for themselves and are totally dependent upon government help.

I've never thought of it that way, but it makes since. Kinda sad really.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is very sad. What's worse is on the same forum we have two active threads regarding welfare. One where a family is abusing it and living in a million dollar home, the other where someone truly in need is denied it and feels the only answer is removing themselves and their family from this tragic world.

Now if only we could get all those people on welfare to think alike we'd be A-Ok(That was a joke, I have a heart)

Latest posts

Top Bottom