I give up, the wife wins.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. The wife wants us to join the 21st century and buy a new TV. Anybody got a recommendation? 32" to 42" range, middle of the road TV. Something I can watch football on and she can watch that friggin HGTV on. Middle of the road, not top of the line.

Thanks.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get the biggest you can for the price range you have. A 42" is not real big in todays standards and unless you are sitting closer than about 5ft it won't be too big either. LED LCD are the going things right now. I dont think you could go wrong with a Samsung either.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get the biggest you can for the price range you have. A 42" is not real big in todays standards and unless you are sitting closer than about 5ft it won't be too big either. LED LCD are the going things right now. I dont think you could go wrong with a Samsung either.

This - and get a 120Hz at least. I don't see a huge difference in 120Hz and 240Hz, but from a 60Hz to a 120Hz is a huge difference. I also don't much care for Plazma TV's (or their supposed 600Hz refresh rates). Get as high a contrast-ratio as you can find in a decent brand also - the colors represented on my 55" Samsung (8 Million to 1) are great - I've seen several TVs that don't measure up. It took me a long time to upgrade. I had an old 31" tube up until last year.

If you watch CGI movies with the kids - you won't be disappointed with a Samsung LED/LCD.

maxim240sx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a sharp LED lcd and to me it's the best picture I could ever want. I'd say at least a 50" if its in a living room. I have a 50" in the living and it seems small to me from 12' away. Plus the LED's are super thin (1" or so) and very lightweight.

XPerties

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the last 15+ years I have ever only owed Samsung computer monitors and TV's and have never had a single issue. 50 inch is your standard now a days. My best suggestion is to go to a place like best buy and spend some time watching the tv's that are mounted above one another. BTW I would never buy anything but Samsung.

BigDiezel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
-1 for samsung. Seen quite a few quit within a year or better. With Owners that watch tv just enough, Not to little or to much. Go to sams club and look around you choice will be good.

JonN06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a pretty good deal from Best Buy on a Panasonic Viera plasma tv. LED-LCD's are the newest technology, but I think the plasma is fine for what you are wanting. They are a little bit cheaper. Mine is a 46 inch 720p. I think they say it has to be about a 40 or 42 inch screen before you can tell the difference between 720p and 1080p anyway so at your screen preference it wouldn't matter. And, if you have older eyes anyway you probably still won't be able to tell much difference on up from there. Good luck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom