Multiple Gun Purchase Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, So I have bought two guns in one day before. One was at a pawn shop, the other at walmart. My question is: What is the process for buying two guns on the same day from the same store? Do I do 2 4473's or one? Will they even sell me 2 guns at once? I usually either don't have money for 2 guns or I don't have 2 on my mind, but I will be coming into some cash in a few weeks and I want a .22 pistol and a side by side shotgun.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think a single 4473 can be completed with both firearms listed on it if from the same vendor at the same time. Several of our FFLs here could clarify, but I believe this is how Franson's handled it with our Mosin-Nagant group buy. I'm sure I only filled out one set of paperwork for multiple guns.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't know if Okla. is included in the multiple long gun reporting like Tx, NM, AZ are.
The rules used to be that you could buy 5,10,50,100 long guns with no extra reporting.
But, buy 2 handguns and a special form had to be sent in to local police and atf.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are only five lines to list firearms on a 4473, however the dealer may attach as many pieces of paper needed to complete the transfer.

There is no limit how many firearms may be transferred on a single 4473.

If you buy 2 or more HANDGUNS from the same dealer in a 5 day business period, the dealer must submit a Multiple Handgun Sales Report.
One copy goes to the ATF National Tracing Center in Kearneysville WV,
One goes to local sheriffs office of the dealer.
One copy gets attached to the 4473 for records.

My ASSUMPTION as to why they do this, is primarily to make sure people are not engaging in "the business" witout an FF License

For instance, you have had 15 multiple handgun sales forms submitted on you in 3 months, there is a CHANCE, the ATF may visit you to make sure you still have posession of those firearms.

If you dont have those firearms, LOL well, you see where im going. Again this is just my assumption. I could be wrong as to why the actually do the process.
Thanks
Patrick
BANG

Latest posts

Top Bottom