Got Jewelry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shot my first banded duck today. My son and I got 5 mallards and 2 gadwals. Had a lot of fun. Tried one stand for coyotes but no takers.
i35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_2012_01_08135928.jpg

i35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_2012_01_08153303.jpg

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have killed a couple of Sooner Lake banded geese before but I am hoping this is a far away duck. They email the certificate now and said I should have it in 5-7 working days.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shot him just west of the house a mile Chris. There have been more mallards around the last few days. It got terrible around Christmas to just a few days ago. Before Christmas we were doing well and then they disappeared. Seemed to be quite a few ducks on the ponds Sat when I was out so we went pond jumping Sunday after church.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well thats good news. Might be worth a trip down in a couple of weeks then. I have one pond that is absolute guarantee dynamite. We killed 1 hoodie off of it while I was there, nothing else. Absolutely miserable, never seen it like that before.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
thats awesome,i have not seen a band for a few years by anyone in our group. the last band was a goose my son got two years ago. i think the odds on a duck are like 1/64,000 or something crazy like that

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am one lucky dude then dlbleak. I was telling one of my customer's that is a big waterfowl hunter about this today and he had never gotten a duck with band but told me about a goose hunt a few years ago where they shot 5 Canada's on one flock pass and all five were banded. Now what are those odds? Saw your parents at lunch today Chris and told them you might be down and they said, "Sure...he'll come down to shoot ducks but doesn't even care about seeing us." I just laughed. The are griping now but when you get them some grandkids...they will kick your butt if you don't bring them to see them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom