Colt 6920/6940 AR15 Price Increase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would say its because they are discontinuing the LE marked guns for sale to the public and as a result if you want a Colt you're gonna have to buy the SP. LE's are going up because now they are "rare".

Just curious. Is there a difference between the LE version and the SP version?

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just curious. Is there a difference between the LE version and the SP version?

Read this thread: http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1333164

And I personally don't believe the talk that they're discontinuing the LE6920; if Colt's is still making money off it (which they are), they'll keep making that rifle. I got my LE6920 for under $1K a couple of months ago; ordered it back in August. The place I bought it from said it took so long because they didn't discontinue making them, they just make them at certain times now. Here's where I bought mine - they did go up $40, but you can still get one cheap if you're willing to wait for it: http://www.lcaction.com/ikorb.php?func=catalog&category_id=378&product_id=544

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got mine from Ratworx and just for kicks I checked their website today. Looks like the some of the variants they had listed as "ample stock" are now sold out or limited stock but they still have a fair amount of Colt stuff. It also appears that the LE6920s they have in stock now don't have the "restricted to military..." on the right side of the receiver. Glad I bought mine when I did. Yes, I realize the "restricted" markings make no difference how the gun operates. Yes, I know Colt ARs are one of the more expensive options. Yes I realize there are reasons why I don't spend any time over on AR15.com.

Latest posts

Top Bottom