Anyone know about 9mm Colt AR's in BA? Also M&P15-22 good deal at same place.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I stopped by this pawn shop in Broken Arrow yesterday on the way home because I had 20 minutes to burn before I could pick up my son.
Anyway, Grays or Gary Pawn there on 71st between Elm and Lynn Lane, kinda by NAPA auto parts has this "Colt" 9mm AR in there for sale. If any of you guys go by there, check it out and let me know what you think. I'm not sure I know what i'm looking at as far as the 9mm setup goes. I opened the action and it looked fairly clean. It came with 4 9mm mags for i think it was $1300.

Also he has a S&W 15-22 for what looked like $349. I didn't pick it up but it looked like new. It had a flash hider on it and I think collapsible stock.

Let me know what u think if you go by there.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Peanut,

Why not just get or build yourself an upper? I have an almost new bolt to get you started cheap.

There is not much too it. It's not like you're not versed in ARs! If you still have that M4 upper I traded you, and it's not built in to something already, all you need is a barrel, bolt, and conversion block for the magazine well.

There is a CMMG upper on gunbroker right now for $450. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=273028519

Then, you are only shy a conversion block. Anything made by Hahn is good. Spikes is made by Hahn. Avoid plastic. $80 to $150.

That's it.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yep, still got the upper. Haven't done anything with it yet.
So are you saying for about $600 I could build a running 9mm AR?
What about mags?
I actually have a 5.56 lower without upper right now. The one he had in the store had some kind of spring looking thing across the FCG. What is that?

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yep, still got the upper. Haven't done anything with it yet.
So are you saying for about $600 I could build a running 9mm AR?
What about mags?
I actually have a 5.56 lower without upper right now. The one he had in the store had some kind of spring looking thing across the FCG. What is that?

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
9mm ar's are a blast. 1300 is high, even for a colt. You can buy mags for 12.95 each from aim surplus online. I've seen nib colts on here for 1100 and elsewhere RRA and the like for 900.

If you have a lower, aside from the hammer, you are good. The 9mm benefits from a heavier buffer, but are easy to switch out. For mag well adapters, top or bottom mout are standard and both work fine as long as they are metal.

Good luck

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Peanut,

I just bought 50 Israeli Uzi magazines to convert to 9mm Colt AR. When I get them done, they will be $17 a whack, or less if you buy a handfull. Aim's $12.95 ones are C Products. They also have Metalform (I think they make the Colt ones) for $29.95. They are primo. They also charge $10.95 to ship one. The Uzi ones are fine quality, but do not operate the bolt hold open unless you mod them a bit more.

So you could have everything you need, upper and a mag block for less than $600. Next you have to get a Slidefire! Speaking of cheap, if you have a lathe, or a buddy with one, I just found 9mm barrel blanks for $33, plus shipping.

FWIW, I use a Spikes ST-2T buffer, instead of the heavier one. This was at Spikes recommendation. I know. Weird. I know another fellow that has an A2 stock and uses a regular rifle buffer.

Last edited:

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The modified UZI mags are nice and the bolt hold open isn't really needed IMHO. Non of my HK's hold the bolt open. The Metalform are great mags and run really good, however the CProducts that I have work great too. I have Black and Orange follower models in 20 and 32 round versions.

In all honesty, the bolt hold open is activated by the follower and when the bolt slams against the follower it dents the plastic. In the end, I've worn down the plastic follower that holds the bolt open.

Your in BA so if you need any help, let me know. I have a number of spare parts if you need to try different bolts and mag well adapters.

J

Latest posts

Top Bottom