Cheapest Complete AR Upper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for everybodys input. I went with a upper and chargeing handle from Dsarms.com for $271 with shipping. I went with the Spikes bolt from Aim.com with a 30 round Pmag all for $114 with shipping. Its all going on a New Armory complete lower. That I got from Joebobsoutfitters.com for $99 shipped.

Was it under $500 total? Including shipping, FFL fee, etc. If so that may be the cheapest complete rifle I've heard of. At least in the past few years.

You'll have to post some pics once it's all here.

If my math is right he spent $484+FFL Fee. He said all his prices included shipping. If he transfers through any number of dealers offering the $10 OSA transfer or Cold Hand Arms who is free transfers for OSA members then he is under $500 and he even got a PMAG!

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My only concern about the OP's build would be the New Frontier lower. The NF lowers are polymer and I have never been a fan of plastic lowers on anything larger than a .22, but that is just my opinion.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My only concern about the OP's build would be the New Frontier lower. The NF lowers are polymer and I have never been a fan of plastic lowers on anything larger than a .22, but that is just my opinion.

The Bushmaster Carbon 15 is a polymer lower and it is fine on the .223 platform.

As was pointed out, the FFL is paid on the lower, not the upper.

Latest posts

Top Bottom