Red Dawn 2 release date

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For 2012 now ...

Old news:

Kurt Russell in-Talks for "Red Dawn" Remake
Posted: July 25th, 2009 by WorstPreviews.com Staff

ComingSoon is reporting that Kurt Russell (Escape from New York) is currently in-talks to star alongside Chris Hemsworth(Star Trek, Thor) in the upcoming "Red Dawn" remake. No word on which role he will play.

The original 1984 film takes place during World War III, in mid-western America, where a group of teenagers bands together to defend their town, and their country, from invading Soviet forces.

The remake is directed by Dan Bradley, who is making his helming debut. It is scheduled to hit theaters on September 24th, 2010.

Two top executives at MGM, Harry Sloan and Mary Parent, announced that a remake of Red Dawn is in the early stages of pre-production in May 2008 at the Festival de Cannes. This was announced along with a big-budget rebuild of RoboCop, which director Darren Aronofsky among others has recently been in to discuss. The remake of Red Dawn is slated to be directed by Dan Bradley, who has previously worked as a second unit director and stunt coordinator on films such as The Bourne Ultimatum, Spiderman 3 and the Quantum of Solace. MGM has announced that Red Dawn will be remade "keeping in mind the post-9/11 world that we're in". In a further announcement the same month, Dan Bradley has been confirmed as the director with Carl Ellsworth, screenwriter of Red Eye and Disturbia writing the updated screenplay. Ellsworth will be working from a story written by Jeremy Passmore. Vincent Newman (A Man Apart) is also acting in a producer capacity. Australian Chris Hemsworth has been cast in a lead role.

Ellsworth has said:

"The tone is going to be very intense, very much keeping in mind the post-9/11 world that we’re in. As ‘Red Dawn’ scared the heck out of people in 1984, we feel that the world is kind of already filled with a lot of paranoia and unease, so why not scare the hell out of people again? It was later revealed that the Chinese would be the invaders and they would be aided by the Russians later on."

Joining Hemsworth are Josh Peck and Adrianne Palicki for the film, with a possible setting of Spokane, Washington. Marquette, Michigan is being considered as a filming location. Tony Gilroy, who wrote The Bourne Trilogy and Micheal Clayton will do a rewrite of script.
Source: ComingSoon

New news:

:bowdown: Gotta love the countdown clock!! LOL

http://www.reddawnmovienews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=183:red-dawn-gets-a-november-2012-release&catid=1:location-news&Itemid=17

The chair is against the wall, gentlemen!! :contract:

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For 2012 now ...

Old news:

Kurt Russell in-Talks for "Red Dawn" Remake
Posted: July 25th, 2009 by WorstPreviews.com Staff

ComingSoon is reporting that Kurt Russell (Escape from New York) is currently in-talks to star alongside Chris Hemsworth(Star Trek, Thor) in the upcoming "Red Dawn" remake. No word on which role he will play.

The original 1984 film takes place during World War III, in mid-western America, where a group of teenagers bands together to defend their town, and their country, from invading Soviet forces.

The remake is directed by Dan Bradley, who is making his helming debut. It is scheduled to hit theaters on September 24th, 2010.

Two top executives at MGM, Harry Sloan and Mary Parent, announced that a remake of Red Dawn is in the early stages of pre-production in May 2008 at the Festival de Cannes. This was announced along with a big-budget rebuild of RoboCop, which director Darren Aronofsky among others has recently been in to discuss. The remake of Red Dawn is slated to be directed by Dan Bradley, who has previously worked as a second unit director and stunt coordinator on films such as The Bourne Ultimatum, Spiderman 3 and the Quantum of Solace. MGM has announced that Red Dawn will be remade "keeping in mind the post-9/11 world that we're in". In a further announcement the same month, Dan Bradley has been confirmed as the director with Carl Ellsworth, screenwriter of Red Eye and Disturbia writing the updated screenplay. Ellsworth will be working from a story written by Jeremy Passmore. Vincent Newman (A Man Apart) is also acting in a producer capacity. Australian Chris Hemsworth has been cast in a lead role.

Ellsworth has said:

"The tone is going to be very intense, very much keeping in mind the post-9/11 world that we’re in. As ‘Red Dawn’ scared the heck out of people in 1984, we feel that the world is kind of already filled with a lot of paranoia and unease, so why not scare the hell out of people again? It was later revealed that the Chinese would be the invaders and they would be aided by the Russians later on."

Joining Hemsworth are Josh Peck and Adrianne Palicki for the film, with a possible setting of Spokane, Washington. Marquette, Michigan is being considered as a filming location. Tony Gilroy, who wrote The Bourne Trilogy and Micheal Clayton will do a rewrite of script.
Source: ComingSoon

New news:

:bowdown: Gotta love the countdown clock!! LOL

http://www.reddawnmovienews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=183:red-dawn-gets-a-november-2012-release&catid=1:location-news&Itemid=17

The chair is against the wall, gentlemen!! :contract:
A bit late would you not say ?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A bit late would you not say ?

For the release date? Yeah, it should have come out a lot earlier ... if this is a repost ... opps! LOL In my defense, I don't spend nearly so much time here as I used to ...

Oh wait ... I saw what you bolded ... gotta click the link ... it's scheduled to be released Nov. 2, 2012 now ...

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WOLVERINES! There is so much wrong with the movie that I almost can't enjoy it, but then I scream WOLVERINES! and everything is ok.

LOL ... You and GC ... I didn't get it at first. But after having to sit though it more times than I can count, I have been assimilated. Besides I adore Snake. I wonder if he'll keep the eye patch?? :D

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He isn't Kurt Russell without an eye patch. I was talking about Red Dawn. Maybe it's because I work in logistics for the Air Force so stuff that isn't right kinda bothers me, but there is no way those paratroopers would have sprung a sneak attack on Colorado, even if they were disguised as passenger jets. Did no one at the FAA notice an abundance of planes entering US borders?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He isn't Kurt Russell without an eye patch. I was talking about Red Dawn. Maybe it's because I work in logistics for the Air Force so stuff that isn't right kinda bothers me, but there is no way those paratroopers would have sprung a sneak attack on Colorado, even if they were disguised as passenger jets. Did no one at the FAA notice an abundance of planes entering US borders?

Sheesh, rough crowd today ... it was a JOKE ... :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom