Windstream...anyone have any experience with them??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm sick of being ripped off by Cox.My "bundle" bill just topped $200.Windstream has essentially the same bundle for $85.I know that's not the bottom line but I suspect even with all the taxes added in it will be significantly less than $206.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im not sure what we had. The internet started off ok but then over time got slower and slower (dont know why). So at one point it got so slow that we called them out to come fix whatever the problem was. They did something and it was fast again but eventually got really slow over time.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Steve,

I've had my ups and downs with the various providers. I fired Cox in May of 2010 for being general jackasses. I then went with Windstream\Dish Network on a two year contract and I'm waiting til May so I can fire them, with pleasure. As far as the internet goes, I didn't have an issue with Cox and don't have much of one with Windstream but I would say I prefer Cox. It's the @#$% TV portion that gets my blood boiling. I moved in May of last year so Dish had to come out and set me up with a new dish and wiring. My next month's bill after that? DOUBLE. They screwed up on billing me for something that I shouldn't have been billed for in the first place. And they didn't stop with that; they improperly billed me three (3) times for something I shouldn't have been billed for.

With Windstream\Dish Network, you don't get to deal with just one company of clods, you get two. So if you have a problem with your bill, they bounce you between customer no-service of each company. Then... when you sign up they have this "special incentive" rate that after a year gets removed. They also got slapped with a class-action lawsuit for doing just that.

In a nutshell, I hate all of them (Cox, Dish, Windstream, Tivo, AT&T UVerse, and I might as well throw Time-Warner cable in there since even though they are not in our area I'll avoid the rush and hate them anyway). I'm ditching all of it in May, when my contract is up. Well, other than internet. No freaking pay TV service. I plan to do over-the-air TV, Netflix, Apple TV, etc. Sure I'll miss some stuff. I don't care. At least I'll be paying less to terrible companies who deal in a luxury item but treat it like a necessity.

I'll step down from my soapbox now so Cox, Windstream, etc. can lick my boots.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i also have windstream i have 6 or 9 i cant remember. i can also play COD MW online, it does lose signal from time to time on that but not much. i had cox and it may have been alittle faster but i cant remember. It works good for me and i dont have the fastest package.

i liked my cox but its not available out here in the sticks of broken arrow.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i also have windstream i have 6 or 9 i cant remember. i can also play COD MW online, it does lose signal from time to time on that but not much. i had cox and it may have been alittle faster but i cant remember. It works good for me and i dont have the fastest package.

i liked my cox but its not available out here in the sticks of broken arrow.

Justin,do you have land line? What's your total bill?

hanson405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm contemplating dumping Cox as well. Started service in January, and am already reminded how much they suck. First month's bill was SUPPOSED to be paid up front, online. After getting a cutoff notice, I call and raise hell. "Sir, you can't pay online if you don't have a bill." "It made me pay to initiate service...someone even called and verified my payment for the first months bill.."

Lo and behold, no money ever exchanged hands, I'm stuck with a late fee, and to add a cherry on top I'm notified that Febuary's bill is more than January's because "We had a rate increase." ONE MONTH after I start service....

Sorry, just on my nerves today.

Latest posts

Top Bottom