Tulsa - Sooner Gun Show this weekend - anyone going?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only ask because I just got off the phone with Sooner State Knives and they're going to be there so I might actually have motivation to go to a gun show (haven't been in a long time).

Anyone else going to be there?

Any of our local OSA vendors?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope.
Wanenmachers is next month, I can wait for a real gun show.

And that is the reason I don't go to Wanenmachers. Too many new gun folks out there who think it's the only show in town packed into a convention-center full of junk that I have to fight my way through to get to the stuff I care about. Take the rudeness, idiocy (including muzzle sweeps from folks who brought in their own guns with their finger on the trigger), motorized-carts, body-oder, and non-gun-related junk of a smaller show and multiply it by 100 while only increasing the selection of decent guns/parts/accessories/knives by about 2 or 3.

Wanenmacher has actually been pretty disappointing the last few times I went (that's one of the reasons I haven't been to any show in about a year). I know of a few vendors that don't even bother going to the big W anymore.

I don't go for gun-stuff now days, but for knives (maybe an accessory or magazine that I might as well snag while I'm in there). I find that it keeps the frustration factor down on my part if I go in expecting no good gun deals and end up stumbling on $650 Glocks and $3500 Franken-Colt 1911s that look like someone dug them out of their back yard.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I won't be setting up, but I might cruise around for a while on Saturday looking for deals.

I have your nickel 308 pen from the cases you fired ready for you Andy, so if you're going to be up here for the show, give me a jingle and I can bring it with me.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And that is the reason I don't go to Wanenmachers. Too many new gun folks out there who think it's the only show in town packed into a convention-center full of junk that I have to fight my way through to get to the stuff I care about. Take the rudeness, idiocy (including muzzle sweeps from folks who brought in their own guns with their finger on the trigger), motorized-carts, body-oder, and non-gun-related junk of a smaller show and multiply it by 100 while only increasing the selection of decent guns/parts/accessories/knives by about 2 or 3.

Wanenmacher has actually been pretty disappointing the last few times I went (that's one of the reasons I haven't been to any show in about a year). I know of a few vendors that don't even bother going to the big W anymore.

Agreed, but in all fairness that's how I feel about the Sooner too. It used to be my hands down favorite but it's gone WAY down hill the last few times I went. I dunno, I'll see if any local guys are going.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed, but in all fairness that's how I feel about the Sooner too. It used to be my hands down favorite but it's gone WAY down hill the last few times I went. I dunno, I'll see if any local guys are going.

I agree, the Sooner shows used to be MUCH better.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

I don't go for gun-stuff now days, but for knives (maybe an accessory or magazine that I might as well snag while I'm in there). I find that it keeps the frustration factor down on my part if I go in expecting no good gun deals and end up stumbling on $650 Glocks and $3500 Franken-Colt 1911s that look like someone dug them out of their back yard.
\
I agree, except I do go to gunshows for gun-stuff.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I won't be setting up, but I might cruise around for a while on Saturday looking for deals.

I have your nickel 308 pen from the cases you fired ready for you Andy, so if you're going to be up here for the show, give me a jingle and I can bring it with me.

Crap man - I meant to call you the other day and completely forgot. I've been stupid-busy lately. I'll send you a PM - My number's changed and I don't know if I still have yours in this new phone.

Oh I agree, but the smaller shows have some specific vendors that I know will be there. In all fairness, I've been considering going to the Dub this year because Bob Dozier will be there and I'm thinking this might be the year I pick up one of his knives. The dude is proud of his stuff, but in his defense, he's 16 months backlogged and has no trouble selling anything he makes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom