Obama campaign ad on gas prices.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From 08'. The more things change the more they stay the same. If I'm running against this guy, I am simply going to run this ad over an over again.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Caleb

ot.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When Bush was going out of office on his second term, the gas prices went high. All the libs said it was because they were "oil men" and they would rake in millions.
Not true, but now with a non-oil man running for re-election, and gas prices going to record highs, does anybody not think the oil companies can call an election?

Think about it, There are no unsual conflicts, no natural disasters, or anything else to blame the high prices on. Nothing but an election.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still can't figure out why people gripe so much about the gas prices. Really the change in prices, even a dollar increase as we've recently seen, is such a small percentage of most people's income it should really be a non-issue. I understand that it is an ingredient in the prices of other goods, but I am talking about Fuel prices, which is the root of what people are griping about (filling up their gas tanks).

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2008/06/09/business/20080609_GAS_GRAPHIC.html

But I guess we like to find the easy things to ***** about.

Also, note the prices on the chart above. These were the prices we has in the last year of the Republican term in June before the last election. It's not dissimilar to where we are 4 years from today. Political instability may cause price volatility.

Edit: Dennis be me to it.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When Bush was going out of office on his second term, the gas prices went high. All the libs said it was because they were "oil men" and they would rake in millions.
Not true, but now with a non-oil man running for re-election, and gas prices going to record highs, does anybody not think the oil companies can call an election?

Think about it, There are no unsual conflicts, no natural disasters, or anything else to blame the high prices on. Nothing but an election.

I thought about it... and you are the 12 coming

:sunbath:

1fast8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still can't figure out why people gripe so much about the gas prices. Really the change in prices, even a dollar increase as we've recently seen, is such a small percentage of most people's income it should really be a non-issue. I understand that it is an ingredient in the prices of other goods, but I am talking about Fuel prices, which is the root of what people are griping about (filling up their gas tanks).

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2008/06/09/business/20080609_GAS_GRAPHIC.html

But I guess we like to find the easy things to ***** about.

Also, note the prices on the chart above. These were the prices we has in the last year of the Republican term in June before the last election. It's not dissimilar to where we are 4 years from today. Political instability may cause price volatility.

Edit: Dennis be me to it.
because i use about 25 gallons every 3 to 4 days plus the ppl that deliver material to my shop add a fuel surcharge can cost me 150 to 200 a month would you gripe if that were taken out of your check evry month

Latest posts

Top Bottom