Sooner State Pawn Oklahoma Second Amendment Association 2A Shooting Center Harsh Firearms
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default need gun safe recommendations please

going to Wanenmachers in Tulsa at the end of the month to see if there are any deals.... seems like the Cannon brand is the best for the money unless im wrong... needing one that can bolt to the floor or to my safe room or both..... trying to make it tornado proof if thats even posssible...

probably in the 800 or less range unless its a heck of a deal..

thanks guys

Default Re: need gun safe recommendations please

We have decided not to setup this year at Wanenmachers but go check out our safes online and make sure you watch the video at the bottom of the home page.
    www.bearsafes.com
    They are a bit more than you want to spend but we have financing and with your down payment your payments would only be a few dollars a month.

Then come by and see us at Franson Firearms.

Donald
    918-261-7917

If I don't answer my phone the cancer may have won.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybee View Post
    We have decided not to setup this year at Wanenmachers but go check out our safes online and make sure you watch the video at the bottom of the home page.
    www.bearsafes.com
    They are a bit more than you want to spend but we have financing and with your down payment your payments would only be a few dollars a month.

Donald
    spoken like a true salesmen!

Banned

I am going tomorrow to order my safe from Bear Safes. I am getting the smaller one which is $1,200 after tax and delivery.

Take a look at tulsa safest by catoosa. It's WWW.tulsasafes.com, they have some brands that are way better than most big box brands for good prices.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin 1775

Banned

I have nothing against the bear safes, but please get one with 2 locks if you do get one.

armorvault, is also located here in the OKC area and has a very good product

Quote Originally Posted by 761mph
    armorvault, is also located here in the OKC area and has a very good product
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by huskres View Post
    Take a look at tulsa safest by catoosa. It's WWW.tulsasafes.com, they have some brands that are way better than most big box brands for good prices.
    ^^^^THIS^^^^ These guys have the good stuff at good prices. They do set up at Wannenmachers too.
    Feedback
    http://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?80423-HIPShot/page3

Try to dig through all the black corners of fire ratings and steel thickness and mechanisms.......then find a distributer who doesn't blow smoke.

Dig into Fort Knox, STURDYSAFE, Graffunder....and see why they are top tier, then apply to your research and personal beliefs/understanding. Buying Made in America isn't exactly truthful for a lot of the lines you find for better prices. Champion is one of the few, with the top tier listed above.

I can assure you that if they want it, they'll get it. So ponder whats important, fire, theft, or both, or neither. if neither, buy a 'cannon' safe from TSC.

The advent of hi cap 18v cordless angle grinders etc.....makes anything less than 8-10ga or without SS sheet inserts a fruitless endeaver.

Bolted down is the only way to go.

If you have a true safe room/safe door/ etc.......I retract my comments. but still rec. those to really research the Sturdysafe, Fort Knoxx, Graffunder...etc to compare what is truly well built....to the others.

A friend of mine has a cannon, or whatever brand it is they sell at atwoods.

Banned

I went to Bear Safes today and ordered myself the #6024. $1386 shipped to my door, installed, and bolted to the floor. I love the trade-in system they have so when we move into a newer larger house I can upgrade my safe for a larger one and receive full credit for my current safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybee View Post
    www.bearsafes.com

Donald
    The next safe I get will be a Bear safe. The wife and I went by their facility in OKC and they showed us around and even took us in back where they were actually making the safes so that we could see exactly how they were made. Unless you are buying a safe that look pretty, I don't think you could do any better for the money.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jrusling View Post
    The next safe I get will be a Bear safe. The wife and I went by their facility in OKC and they showed us around and even took us in back where they were actually making the safes so that we could see exactly how they were made. Unless you are buying a safe that look pretty, I don't think you could do any better for the money.
    Exactly!!!!

Patron

This is what I have, and although it hasn't been "tested", I'm confident it's pretty secure.