Ok, who can get good quantities of Plano ammo storage cases? Anyone wanna group buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been surfing the net off and on for a couple of weeks looking for some good deals on these cases you can get at Academy and alot of other stores. I think the Plano are some of the better plastic cases out there and have a very strong plastic clip to hold the lid down. The problem is, I am looking to buy 6-packs of the 100-count pistol ammo cases. I see tons of 6-packs for sale of the 50-round cases online, but that's not what I want. I am looking to buy enough to store around 5-10k rounds. The cheapest I'm finding them is in the $3.25-$3.75 range, and when I went to buy 50 boxes from OutdoorPros, they wanted $40 shipping. Midwest Hunter's Outlet doesn't rape you on shipping, but their per-box price is about $.50 higher. I'm really just trying to find the best deal on good cases to store ammo... I don't like keeping it in all the cardboard boxes. These cases stack well and look nice and won't get torn apart taking them to the range and back, or whatever.

Anyone a dealer for Plano stuff and want to do a group buy on this stuff?

I'm mainly looking for the 1224-00 (9mm 100-rd) and the 1227-00 (40/45/10mm 100-rd) boxes. Also interested in a solution to store .223 ammo, but 50-round boxes is as big as I'm seeing there.

Anyone?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have around 100 of the Dillons and they are good boxes.

https://benosmozo.800cart.com/Defau...shop&department=&aisle=Ammo+Boxes,+Pistol&aa=

Edit: Shipping is cheaper from Brian Enos too.
Those seem like a heck of a lot better deal... can't see any pics of what they look like though. I'ma go Google up some pictures. Not that aesthetics makes a huge difference here, just curious, and want to know they have a good latching mechanism.

hey doc if ur buying factory ammo and putting them in there can I have your empty cardboard boxes and trays?

I got no problem with that. I'll try to throw 'em all in a bag for you. May have already tossed some, as I've got a few hundred in the Plano boxes already.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok.... I found 'em on Dillon's site, actually slightly cheaper even than Brain's store. Much more economical, though not as fancy looking. I don't think I'd have chosen "powder blue", lol but it'll work for my purposes. I don't see one for .40, so I'm assuming I need the .45 size for those.
http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/content/p/8/catid/10

I think I'm about to pick up about 100 or so total, for 9mm, .40 and .45, unless someone has some better suggestions. Thanks for the tips so far, though!

Latest posts

Top Bottom