Need money, out of gas scam...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanson405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah that ones been around a while. Be careful though, we had a couple pull that a few times near the restaurant i was working at the time. At one point, they robbed one of the girls I worked with.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guy in a new ext cab dodge, on 24's with dealer tags, custom paint etc, wearing snakeskin boots aand a leather jacket pulled this crap on me the other day on 240. Pissed me off, dressed nicer than me, nicer vehicle than me, cant afford to feed the guzzler he just bought.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guy in a new ext cab dodge, on 24's with dealer tags, custom paint etc, wearing snakeskin boots aand a leather jacket pulled this crap on me the other day on 240. Pissed me off, dressed nicer than me, nicer vehicle than me, cant afford to feed the guzzler he just bought.

Hey my boots aren't just "snakeskin" they're Python.

(just kidding, that couldn't have been me, my jacket matches)

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the one that goes,
Him, "Hey man help a Viet Nam vet"
Me "How old are you?"
He "38".
Me, "You were pretty young when you were in Viet Nam huh?" or "Were you on our side?"

ShovelRider

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes and old scam. Quite often they hang around a Car Wash? I have been approached numerous times. Usually something like me and the wife, just can't make it home to Timbuktu, for some unexplainable reason which is no fault of their own, they don't have the money for gas, repairs, etc. Some even carry a empty gas can. If you tell them you cant help and they have hit up everyone in the area , their "out of gas car" mysteriously runs on vapors as they continue in search of the next sucker. 2 days ago a fine Gentleman approached me at a car wash, as I was washing the Vehicle. "Hey Brother" he said as he approached me between my vehicle and the car wash wall. I really didn't want to give him a shower, even though he may have been in need. I pointed my free finger at him at told him to " Get Back" . He seemed somewhat saddened by my refusal to listen to his spiel, as he continued through the stalls in search of his next free lunch.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
saw on a tv show a long tiime ago that a good beggar can make about $300 a day.
do you make that much working?

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one at a gas station hitting me up for money for a gas can, said he was out of gas on a road nearby. He had 12 dollars, and the can was 15. He wanted 5 bucks so he could get the can and some gas.

So I just bought him the can. Since he had $12 he can fill up the can, and some gas for his car, so he should be good to go!

Oh man that was not the response he was looking for. When I left he was trying to get a refund from the clerk, to get some cash out of the gas can.

Farmall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years ago in the OKC area I used to see this guy that acted like he was deaf. He would make slurred deaf mute sounds and hold out his hand. If you tried to walk away from him would get louder and follow you and make a scene. It was a good scam for him. I saw him at a 7-11 after seeing his act earlier that morning flirtiing with the clerk buying a 40. I swear he pulled a roll of cash I couldn't wrap my hand around. I was behind him and asked him for the time and he turned answered me.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one these hit me up at QT 6 years ago. When I said no he grabbed my arm while i was trying to get into my truck it did not end well for him. Not all of these scammers are willing to drop it after a firm no.

458 SOCOM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
mr ed said:
saw on a tv show a long tiime ago that a good beggar can make about $300 a day.
do you make that much working?

Yes some do make that kinda money and some don't. But those of us who work can say we got it honest an hold our head up with pride.

Latest posts

Top Bottom