Need money, out of gas scam...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just had a guy approach me (and every other driver) at a gas station. Said he was from out of town and needed a ride downtown. He'd give me $5 for gas.

"I can't help you."

....Made me think that pocket carry is not so hot when you're driving.

He stayed on the other side of my car - otherwise I would have told him to keep his distance.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had this happen a few times to me. They tend to go on their merry way after they see the look on my face.

Couple of ladies actually cornered me (I wasn't paying attention, my bad). Real quick way to see just how nasty I can be ... I think they were kinda shocked at my language ... I tend to start spouting obscenties when I feel "threatened" (yes, worse than usual ...). Again, my bad ...

Kiyot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years ago in the OKC area I used to see this guy that acted like he was deaf. He would make slurred deaf mute sounds and hold out his hand. If you tried to walk away from him would get louder and follow you and make a scene. It was a good scam for him. I saw him at a 7-11 after seeing his act earlier that morning flirtiing with the clerk buying a 40. I swear he pulled a roll of cash I couldn't wrap my hand around. I was behind him and asked him for the time and he turned answered me.

Did this guy have little cutup colored pieces of paper that looked like some kind of cheap pamphlet? I think I remember that guy LOL.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had this happen a few times to me. They tend to go on their merry way after they see the look on my face.

Couple of ladies actually cornered me (I wasn't paying attention, my bad). Real quick way to see just how nasty I can be ... I think they were kinda shocked at my language ... I tend to start spouting obscenties when I feel "threatened" (yes, worse than usual ...). Again, my bad ...

BadgeBunny - Consider the advantages of an alternate response.
Use a command voice: "Sir (Ma'am) , keep your distance." "Sir, you need to stay back." (while making a stop sign with your weak hand)

Otherwise a witness might report that you started a confrontation by antagonizing them.

Far better for the witnesses or security camera to show you "politely" asked/gestured them to stay back but they kept advancing in threatening manner

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BadgeBunny - Consider the advantages of an alternate response.
Use a command voice: "Sir (Ma'am) , keep your distance." "Sir, you need to stay back." (while making a stop sign with your weak hand)

Otherwise a witness might report that you started a confrontation by antagonizing them.

Far better for the witnesses or security camera to show you "politely" asked/gestured them to stay back but they kept advancing in threatening manner

Ehhhh ... when the day comes that I have to worry about whether I've been polite enough to some moron I don't know who's approaching me in a parking lot this country will have a lot bigger problems than some old lady hollering "BACK THE **** UP NOW" while grabbing for the side of her jacket like she has a gun there (when it is distinctly "possible" she did not :lookaroun) to some moron in a parking lot ...

Oh ...

wait ...

(but your point is well taken ... thank you :) )

Latest posts

Top Bottom