Timing on a Revolver - How to check?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am coming into some revolvers as part of my fathers estate, one is a Snub-Nose Model 56 S&W in .38 SPL, gun that feels like it would be a joy at the range due it's weight. Another is a blued Colt Python in .357 MAG, I saw it myself as I was pulling it out of the safe, has original box and grips, I couldn't believe it when I saw it. Another snub .38 and yet another snub .38 Airweight, all S&W's. My father was a S&W man through and through. He also had a S&W 9mm semi-auto though I don't recall the model off the top of my head. I don't have any of them now because the guns needed to be valued for estate settlement reasons so they are being valued.

So, I would love to know how to check the timing of the revolvers to make sure they are fine to fire before storing them. I will look them over thoroughly to inspect for wear but I am almost positive they have all been shot at one point or another. My father wasn't the type to buy a gun to not shoot it.

Any help you can offer would be much appreciate it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom