Informer: ACLU chapters have filed suits for gun owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While the national ACLU doesn't seem to give a tinkers darn about the 2nd Amendment and guns, it seems that at least some of the affiliate chapters have taken notice of the abuse on gun owners rights.

http://www.americanpress.com/Informer-3-18-12
Informer: ACLU chapters have filed suits for gun owners
Last Modified: Saturday, March 17, 2012 11:53 PM
BY ANDREW PERZO / AMERICAN PRESS

..."The website of the national American Civil Liberties Union says that “neither the possession of guns nor the regulation of guns raises a civil liberties issue.” But each affiliate has latitude in choosing its cases, and ACLU chapters in several states, including Louisiana, have sided with gun owners."....

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
“neither the possession of guns nor the regulation of guns raises a civil liberties issue.”

Which is why I will never support the ACLU. An organization that cherry picks which civil rights it will stand up for is not a civil rights organization at all. :(

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Find me a single civil rights organization who takes on all comers, who files lawsuits in Federal court, and who does not cherrypick. Go ahead, I'll wait.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I got excited when I saw your name somewhere other than the thread starter; thinking maybe we'd get to read an original RugersGR8 post...

Nope, just another linked article.

We should change your screen name to "NewsLink".

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
neither the possession of guns nor the regulation of guns raises a civil liberties issue.
There are those who think this quote would be just as correct if you were to replace guns with speech in the statement.

Michael

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got excited when I saw your name somewhere other than the thread starter; thinking maybe we'd get to read an original RugersGR8 post...

Nope, just another linked article.

We should change your screen name to "NewsLink".

Gee, I've been a member about a 1/2 year longer than you have been and you have 15,159 MORE POSTS than I do. I guess I only post when I have something that I feel needs to be said or read. Some people's posts(don't get insulted, I am NOT refering to you) go on for pages and pages and they still never really say anything. :wave::wave:

NikatKimber --- Join Date Jan 2006 --- Posts 15,657
RugersGR8 ------ Join Date Jun 2005 ----- Posts 498

Latest posts

Top Bottom