NFL suspends Saints coach Sean Payton for "Bounty" program

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
During the NFL strike, didnt the players claim that they were holding out so they could bargain for better health benefits for former players? But doesnt the bounty program show that they have no concern about injuring another player and possibly crippling them later in life?

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So disappointed in my Saints. I seriously doubt they were the only team to have done this though, and I hope the league comes down just as hard on every other team that is caught.

I'll have to admit though that I don't understand the prohibition on performance bonuses. What's wrong with giving a guy a bonus for recovering a fumble?

rbror

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's football. The defensive players are already paid millions to try to hurt the other team. And we can get into a semantics argument between hurt and injure but the players weigh upwards of 300 lbs, run sub 5 second 40's, and try to tackle the other players as hard as they can. They don't want to end the other players career, but hitting them so hard they can't play well the rest of the game is part of it. Goodell is going to kill the NFL. You can't have football without violence if you want that it already exists in basketball and soccer.

rbror

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's football. The defensive players are already paid millions to try to hurt the other team. And we can get into a semantics argument between hurt and injure but the players weigh upwards of 300 lbs, run sub 5 second 40's, and try to tackle the other players as hard as they can. They don't want to end the other players career, but hitting them so hard they can't play well the rest of the game is part of it. Goodell is going to kill the NFL. You can't have football without violence if you want that it already exists in basketball and soccer.

Before Goodell is done, it WILL bet the National Fairy League. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom