Afghan shooter vs Ft Hood shooter.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Someone sent this to me today. I don't know if they are the original author or not, but it gave me a bit of pause and had me thinking.

Before reading this and having my memory jogged, I was thinking of '68 with My Lai and Lt. Calley. Part of me was thinking that the shooter really needed to be bound over to the Afghans. Part of me was thinking, Christ 4 Combat deployments in those sh!tholes! Anyone could crack.

I always say you can't judge unless you are there. I don't see a justification for the actions, but I can see "snapping".

Figured I'd post it and open up a big can of worms.

"After reading the headlines today about the US soldier who shot up Afghanistan civilians, I couldn’t help noticing an irony.
There is all this clamor to try this guy quickly and execute him, never mind his having suffered a traumatic brain injury.
Yet this Major Hasan, who shot up Fort Hood while screaming Allah akbar, still hasn’t stood trial, and they are still debating whether he was insane, even with the clear evidence regarding his motive: slay as many infidels as possible.
So we have a guy in a war zone who cracks, and he must be executed immediately.
But this Muslim psychiatrist who was stateside in a nice safe office all day murders 13, wounds 29 of our own guys, and they try to argue the poor lad suffered post-traumatic stress syndrome, from listening to real soldiers who had actual battle experience.
Two and a half years later, they still haven’t tried the murderous bastard."

Dave

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are both murderers. They both had there own reasons for snapping, and both of them attempted to murder as many "infedels" that they could. Actually I bet the reason that they snapped was very similar. They thought they were retaliating for the murder of people they could relate too. Either way it was murder. Murder and murder. Hang them both!!!!! Together! Both these individuals victimized people who didn't deserve it, none combatants. What makes them any different then a person running around killing someone for no apparent reason? That's my 2 cents for your can of worms. Either way I pray for the victims and there families. Its a sad and scary world, and because of people like this, people like us carry firearms.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hasan was caught in the act and stopped by force. Bales turned himself in. Hasan never even remotely had PTSD (as if it could remotely be transferred by others onto him, what a joke). Bales most likely had PTSD and was diagnosed with a TBI. Hasan never saw combat. Bales saw too much combat. Hasan didn't personally know a soul who was being killed and maimed in combat. Bales did. Hasan's life was never in danger. Bales' life was in danger daily. Hasan killed because he self radicalized. Bales killed because he snapped under too much stress. Hasan killed for religion. We don't yet know exactly what Bales killed for (though I have a theory). Hasan killed his fellow troops. Bales killed what I believe he perceived (at least at the time) as the enemy.

At the very least, I believe Bales may never be fit to return to society. If a fair and impartial trial is given to Bales (of which I have very serious doubts), it may turn out that he's nothing more than a cold blooded murderer. Question is, would he have ever come to that point had he not been driven to it? We owe our warfighters the utmost benefit of the doubt. Any less is unconscionable.

Hasan deserves nothing less than a swift execution. We already know far more about his motives and actions, to the point that the trial is merely a formality that must be performed.

These two cases are only related in that they both resulted in multiple deaths. To compare them against each other is silly. They're separate cases and need to be tried as such.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What if...

[The Army inspector general is conducting a system-wide review of mental health facilities to determine whether psychiatrists overturned diagnoses of post-traumatic stress disorder to save money, a move that comes as the case of a U.S. soldier suspected of killing 16 Afghan civilians has brought fresh attention to the strains of war.

Army Secretary John McHugh told Congress on Wednesday that the service is trying to determine whether the change in diagnosis was isolated or a common practice. Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash., who pressed McHugh at a committee hearing, said the forensic psychiatry unit at Madigan Army Medical Center on Joint Base Lewis-McChord is being investigated for reversing diagnoses based on the expense of providing care and benefits to members of the military.]

http://news.yahoo.com/army-examinin...03Mzg4LTExZTEtYWVlNy0zOWQ1Mzk1YWJmNTM-;_ylv=3

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This guy went into a village on his night off and murdered 16 people most of whom were children. I've never been in combat, who am I to say whether it was right or wrong? Jesus christ on a cracker

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hassan knew exactly what he was doing. He planned it over a period of time, chose a specific weapon, and practiced with that weapon until he felt proficient. And then the SOB murdered his own US military brethren. That rat bastard should rot in hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom