Places that are off limits for CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stopped at the new Sprouts in Broken Arrow on our way home from a wedding and didn't see any gunbuster signs. On the way out, I spotted a sign on the glass between the sliding door and the wall. It was a dark green outline with the words "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED" in black lettering. From the outside on a sunny day it is almost invisible. I was carrying concealed due to the wedding, but I can foresee someone not seeing Sprouts' "stealth" gunbuster sign and getting embarrassed/harassed if identified as a gun carrier.

It's a shame, really, that I won't be spending any more money there.

The "no guns" sign is pretty much invisible. I'd been there several times over the last 6 months, never noticing it. It's placed almost like they had to put it on their door to satisfy corporate but really don't want it there.

When I noticed Sprouts corporate as being listed as don't want guns carried on a Texas concealed carry site I actually looked for Sprout's sign. The TX Sec. 30.06 signs are required by law to be of specific lettering as well as size (1") of lettering, among other criteria to be legal signs.

reade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just making sure I understand. Is a no gun sign (at a shopping mall or theater for example) a request as in their only option is to ask you to leave or does the no gun sign become law as in punishable by arrest and prosecution?

audiophile

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just making sure I understand. Is a no gun sign (at a shopping mall or theater for example) a request as in their only option is to ask you to leave or does the no gun sign become law as in punishable by arrest and prosecution?
Those signs have no weight of law and it only becomes an offense if you are verbally asked to leave or remove the firearm from the premises and you refuse. Then if law enforcement are notified, could be charged with trespassing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

audiophile

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Concealed carry while biking on the Oklahoma River Trail okay? I know the website states any weapons are prohibited but does that also go against ccw holders?
This is an open public area (park). Legal carry (concealed or open) cannot be prohibited. Just FYI, I always carry along the canal and river, mostly cc, but have OC'D with OKCPD interactions and never an issue.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know if someone posted it earlier in the thread but

Ponca City Hospital

has a no firearm sign on their door.

That's right... they want you to be unable to defend yourself - and it took Ponca PD 20 minutes to respond to a fight in the hospital. Great way to ensure the safety of the public. ;)

It's CHS, though... what else could you expect?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's right... they want you to be unable to defend yourself - and it took Ponca PD 20 minutes to respond to a fight in the hospital. Great way to ensure the safety of the public. ;)

It's CHS, though... what else could you expect?

You carry a gun because you can't carry a cop becomes the truth in this situation. Where was hospital security?

Latest posts

Top Bottom