Americans Making Over $50,000 a Year Paid 93.3 Percent of All Taxes in 2010

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Total income tax burden not total tax burden...

Still - I am always amazed that the dims and their dear leader the obamanation can say that those of us earning $50K+ per year are not paying our fair share with a straight face and that god doesn't strike them down where they stand for uttering such a bald faced lie.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
oklahomas median income is around $45,000 with 700,000+ living below the poverty line. Somehow i doubt those that actually make 50g+ carry that much burden.

Maybe CA, NY or other high tax states, that have even higher median income carry a little more burden, but id bet the stats are skewed against the obama haters.

JamesP82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quick breakdown for those with short attention spans.

People with income greater than 250,000.00 took on 45.7% of the tax burden
People who make between 50,000.00 to 250,000.00 took on 47.6% of the tax burden
People who make less than 50,000.00 took on 6.7%

41% of people paid no taxes at all, but got paid 105 billion dollars in refunds.

So the 99% is actually 41%, and those of us that paid taxes just got screwed for making too much money...

S

Starbright

I have paid taxes my entire life since age 15 and have never received Food Stamps, Unearned Income Credit nor any other government subsidy. I am one of the 51% that pay taxes and I believe those that pay taxes are at a tipping point-the 51% cannot afford to continue supporting the 49% that won't or don't work. They should pay their fair share which is reasonable. They use the same roads, public building the 51% use and vote on matters of taxation that affects only the 51% and why should they care, it doesn't cost them a dime. They need to restructure the tax code and make it equal for all citizens if we are to turn the economy around. But inertia is the watchword of the day in DC.

Latest posts

Top Bottom