Some acts of stupidity leave me speechless...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some acts of stupidity leave me speechless...You just got to read this for yourselves....

Man Killed During Initiation at Masonic Lodge

http://www.fishgame.com/newsblog.php?p=7887

Texas F&G printed this on April 15th, 2012... but the link reads the story was printed on March 09. 2004.. so not sure when this actually happened. Edit: After checking the Internet it appears this did happen in 2004, so I don't know why TF&G is running it as a current news event.

Last edited:

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sad that grown men think they need to have initation ceremonies and other such silliness. I thought we grew out of those things once we graduated from 6th grade.

Detective Lt. Jack Fitzpatrick said the ritual that went “tragically wrong” involves making a loud noise to frighten the new member.

“The ceremony was designed to create a state of anxiety,” he said.

The lieutenant said the Masons sat James in a chair and placed cans on a small platform around his head.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The shooter was 76 years old. Some but not all people that age start to suffer from memory problems. He was charged with manslaughter. That would be the appropriate charge.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read the story and am calling B.S. on it being a true masonic ritual. I am a Mason and to start with guns are not allowed in the lodge room where all business is conducted They are allowed in the rest of the lodge and many of my brothers at my have their CCW permits. I am a member of the largest group of masons known as the A.F & A.M., There are some offshoots that are not true masons, One group are only athiest (which a true mason cannot be) one group is only for black men. And there are a couple of other groups. I cannot tell what happens in a lodge meeting but I can tell you there are no 70 year old rituals in any REAL masonic lodge. I cannot divulge any more than that. But please don't look down on mason's and freemasonry as a group of idiots because we are not like that!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom