300 Blackout Reloading

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So no pictures of groupings because the wind was stupid today at the range, kept blowing my target stand down. However, every load that I have mentioned in the above post worked great in my rifle, there is a 12" metal piece at 75 yards and every single round hit it center, I'm hoping at some point I can get back out with these loads with a chrono and targets to see exactly how each one does.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So no pictures of groupings because the wind was stupid today at the range, kept blowing my target stand down. However, every load that I have mentioned in the above post worked great in my rifle, there is a 12" metal piece at 75 yards and every single round hit it center, I'm hoping at some point I can get back out with these loads with a chrono and targets to see exactly how each one does.

Nice! I'm going to be near Ringwood this weekend and I'm planning on running my blackout then.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I had loaded up some 168gr Matchking bullets and ended up with 4 primers that were completely gone and some deep marks in the cases. I will not be using these for my blackout anymore, they will be going to my .308

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm bout to get my first reloading setup. I will be doing 300blk but only subsonic loads.
220gr. I don't know what powder to use yet because I don't know if I want to buy a 8" 300blk upper for my SBR or go with a bolt action 16.1". Either one will be fired suppressed but I'm unsure if I want a short gas auto or a longer bolt gun.

I do plan to use it for hunting...

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AA1680 is the most widely used for sub sonics. Also check the 300 blackout talk forum because I believe the guys were using Trail Boss also and getting some good results.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MrShooter,

if you go with a bolt action and surpress it, Unique powder makes for an extremely quiet sub-sonic load with less than moa accuracy at 100 and 200 yds.. I shoot a single shot rifle with a 16 1/2" barrel and the hammer strike makes a whole lot more noise than what the gun does when it's fired. I have tried other powders but, they did not perform as well as Unique. The next gun could be totally different....

DAVID

DAVID

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HEY TC

Here is something to look at........ about 10 thousand pieces of converted 300AAC Each bag has 500

i75.photobucket.com_albums_i295_tyromeo55_cef43fe3.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom