Instead of shooting...this is what I get to do!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is what I get to do!!
This a Rankine cycle with a reheating similar to that is used in coal and nuclear power plants .
Isn't Thermodynamics beautiful?:grumble:
Top left:Boiler with reheat steam generator
Top right:Turbine with multiple stages
Bottom right: Condenser to reduce working fluid back to a liquid to enable pumping
Bottom left: Pump
For the un-initiated, W stands for work and Q stands for heat transferred.

i1058.photobucket.com_albums_t414_3inSlugger_thermo1.jpg

i1058.photobucket.com_albums_t414_3inSlugger_thermo2.jpg

(posted via Photobucket...my first time lol)

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't miss that crap at all! Two semesters of Thermodynamics, one of heat transfer, fluid dynamics, vibrations, ug! I also hated EE classes. I enjoyed mechanical design and materials classes though. All that work for a BSME and now I am a management guy.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not missing Thermo. I know when we met at the Eat-N-Shoot you said you were in Engineering but I can't remember which branch. You'll use this info alot if you end up in a Design of Thermal Fluids Systems class, we spent 2/3 of the semester on power cycles!

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't miss that crap at all! Two semesters of Thermodynamics, one of heat transfer, fluid dynamics, vibrations, ug! I also hated EE classes. I enjoyed mechanical design and materials classes though. All that work for a BSME and now I am a management guy.
Luckily I'm civil and get to skip thermo 2, heat transfer, etc....all I have left of engineering science is fluids and circuits:puke:. But fluids I can apply to hydraulics and hydrology, so I can justify that.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool thing is after you're all done you'll have a "real" job as opposed to the guys you grew up with who didn't take the future seriously.

My son is 11 and likes certain subjects in school and hates others. Therefore, he doesn't turn some homework in. We're finally getting the point across to him that it all starts here. Blow off stuff now and he'll be blowing it off the rest of his life. We're making some headway with him though.

Good for you and the Doc. Go Pokes!

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Luckily I'm civil and get to skip thermo 2, heat transfer, etc....all I have left of engineering science is fluids and circuits:puke:. But fluids I can apply to hydraulics and hydrology, so I can justify that.

Circuits isn't bad if you have the brains for it. Fluids may teach you hydraulics but our Fluids was more flow in pipes, lift/drag, and other flow characteristics. The best part is when you get to the end and you get your capstone going! If you want a field trip and have free time we at OU are having our Capstone Poster Fair on May 3rd, all day on the north-east corner of campus (between Felgar Hall and Carson Hall for those who know the area).

Latest posts

Top Bottom