Benelli Supernova Tactical - Best place to buy mag extension and other stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

Franktank

I just bought a Benelli Supernova Tactical, it's my first gun. I loved the look and it felt like it was "mine" when I shouldered it. I now need a little advice on where to get a magazine extension, an inexpensive case, and what sort of extra safety measure to add for safe storage. Trigger lock, cable lock, or what? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Franktank

Jujen Kai

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my Nordic mag extension from Cactus Tactical http://www.cactustactical.com/osc/n...-nova-beretta-magazine-extensions-p-1224.html

Great parts, and the company has excellent customer service.

As to the shotgun? Everyone I've let shoot it has said the same thing about how smooth it is and how much they like shooting it. My friend, a small-framed female, says it's comfortable enough that she can put a box of shells through it with no problem.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For mag tube extensions, don't settle for cheap. Stick with Benelli mag tube extensions (impossible to find, waaaay expensive) or Nordic Components. You want this +2 mag extension here http://www.midwayusa.com/product/52...tta-extrema-extrema-ii-12-gauge-2-round-matte

If you follow the direction and trim the springs the way they tell you to, you will find that it is really a +3 shell extension (if using 2 3/4" shells.) I have this with my Benelli Supernova Tactical and I can fit +3 with this. There's other cheaper mag tubes and if you don't ever shoot much with it, they're "adequate." However, more often than not, the cheaper brands fail the most. Usually results in a failure to feed and/or jamming up the action.

For a 6 shotshell side carrier, go with Mesa Tactical. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/71...uge-benelli-super-nova-6-round-aluminum-matte

Again, the cheaper alternative may be "adequate" if you only shoot it once a year or so, but I've seen more tapco side shotshell carriers fall apart and come loose at the range than any others. I've also seen carriers that get loose and shells just fall out / flop out. Mesa Tactical carriers are made out of solid aluminum and the shell holders have a rubber gasket that holds the rounds in tight and snug. No modifications are needed, these just screw in to the top of the receiver where the existing factory-drilled and tapped holes are located. It also adds picatinny rails up top as a bonus.

Here is a pic of my Benelli SuperNova Tactical with a Nordic Components +2 (+3 in reality) mag tube extension and Mesa Tactical +6 shotshell side saddle. Also shown is the Nordic Components barrel clamps that clamps the mag tube extension with the barrel. Not needed, but it's there. It also provides just enough rail space if I wanted to add a light.

i.imgur.com_DXDY7.jpg

Last edited:
F

Franktank

Nice pic aestus! Your butt pad is different than mine, is it aftermarket or did Benelli make a change?

Thank you all for the advice! Once I make a purchase I'll post a pic.

spastik monkey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there anyone in OK that sells the benelli mag extension? I just picked up a supernova tactical today and need a mag extension as it only holds 3 3.5" shells. I'm also looking for a foregrip with rails, and a collapsible stock

Prot68

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone know(care) whether adding an extension tube to a benelli violates the 922R ordinance under I believe atf. I own a supernova but was always under the impression there were legalities to mag extensions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom