Question about child booster seat in the front of a truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKgetdown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe a LEO on here can answer this for me. I recently bought a little Ford Ranger. The 2 seater kind. Is it legal for me to put my 5 year olds booster seat in there and have him ride with me? It seems like I read that children under a certain age had to be in the back seat. Cant really remember.

Is there any restrictions? Thanks for any help.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nobody is going to give you a ticket for putting your kid in a car seat in the truck. The only option being the bed. Which a babysitter did with my little sister back in the 80s. When my mom saw that, cops almost had to be called. Turn off the airbag if possible.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys airbag is off. Its funny. I remember when I was a kid I rode around in the bed of the truck. Just like everyones else. LOL!

When I was six I got thrown out of the bed of a pickup when my uncle hit a larger then expected pothole. Started 1st grade in a cast due to a compound fracture. Children have NO business riding in the back of a pickup.

OKgetdown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was six I got thrown out of the bed of a pickup when my uncle hit a larger then expected pothole. Started 1st grade in a cast due to a compound fracture. Children have NO business riding in the back of a pickup.
Oh I agree. But I remember doing it when I was a kid. Sometimes half the baseball or soccer team. Different times.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remember when parents left their kids in the car on hot summer days and its was okay.

I remember sitting in the truck while parents shopped at the grocery ALL THE TIME when I was around 10 or so. Many occasions, the truck somehow also mysteriously had moved locations. They didn't leave the keys, but I had a clutch :)

MDO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember back in the day, me, dad, sis and mom, in the '82 standard cab chevy, i was 5, my sister was 9. We did many a road trips back and forth to Stillwater. Shut down the bags and your fine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom