Opinions on places for taking CCW Class

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live in Fort Gibson. I would like to take the class somewhere around muskogee or Tulsa. I am looking for the more informative class. I have heard people say the class in most of the day and I have heard people say they are a couple of hours.

I have also seen where they give them at gunshows. I am not looking for something like that.

Thanks for your input.

TuAlum0982

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took the class with my wife at US Shooting Academy in Tulsa off of hwy 75 and 66th ST N behind the Tulsa Police Academy. John Zane was our instructor, and very helpful. Beginning of the class, he gives a quick rundown of his experience, his email address and phone number so that if we have any questions, we can talk to him personally. Cost was 60 dollars per person, took about a 10 min break each hr or so, including a 1hr, 15 min lunch break. If you take the class there, you get a 30 day free trial membership which starts at a date that you choose. Also if you sign up that day or the following day, you get 25% off any future course, 10% thereafter. Class was held on a saturday from 9am-5pm. We finished up around 415. Owasso is a short drive (approx 4-5 miles) for lunch. The class was informative and Mr Zane answered any and all questions. They also offer gun rental for 12 dollars.

I know Tulsa Firearms at 61st and Mingo also offers them. For nonmembers the cost is 135 including a 1yr bronze membership, for members its 70 dollars including photos for your application. A few months ago they were offering buy 1, get 1 free which essentially made the class 70ish dollars a person. I just checked their website and dont see that promotion going on anymore. As with USSA, they also offer gun rentals.

Also 2A shooting Center on Admiral just East of Yale offers the class. Their class schedule online isnt updated. Not for sure the cost or any additional benefits for the class. My understanding of 2A is that it is either owned or ran by the same person (people) who run Oklahoma Police Supply and that person is a retired TPD officer.

My in laws live in Ft Gibson, and my father in law has his CCL, but I am not for sure of any classes around there.

Hope that helps.

stephens285

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey I took my class from the dudes at Carry Legal. It was outstanding! The class ran from about 8-4 give or take and was very informative. They discussed stance, grip, sight picture, trigger control and a myriad of other topics including all the mandatory law stuff. Their class was also only 39 bucks...Very cool experience.

S

siglady

I took a Firearms for Women class from Dan Detmer at the Tulsa Gun Club. It was outstanding. He also offers concealed carry classes, however I don't know details about these classes; you can find out more on his website at [email protected]. I already had my cc when I took the women's course. From the women's course experience, I would definitely expect Dan's cc to be thorough. He's a no-nonsense type of guy who encourages you to ask him questions, but also asks you questions. Therefore, paying attention and thinking about the material is crucial. Check out his website and then give him a call if you want to know more about the class. I wish I had taken my cc class from him, because my cc experience was uninformative and unprofessional--just pitiful.

Latest posts

Top Bottom