Winchester M-22 ammo review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got through running about 100 rounds of this stuff through my 10/22 takedown, and thought I'd post a quick review. It came in a 1000 round bulk pack, but there are actually two 500 round boxes inside. I looked several rounds over, and it was much nicer and cleaner than typical Federal or Winchester bulk stuff--it seemed to shoot a little cleaner as well. Accuracy was surprisingly good. At 20 yards, it was pretty common to put successive rounds through the same hole. No failures of any kind, which is more than I can say for the Federal which I usually shoot. Overall, I was pretty impressed, and I think it's worth the extra couple of bucks.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pokem807 said:
I just got through running about 100 rounds of this stuff through my 10/22 takedown, and thought I'd post a quick review. It came in a 1000 round bulk pack, but there are actually two 500 round boxes inside. I looked several rounds over, and it was much nicer and cleaner than typical Federal or Winchester bulk stuff--it seemed to shoot a little cleaner as well. Accuracy was surprisingly good. At 20 yards, it was pretty common to put successive rounds through the same hole. No failures of any kind, which is more than I can say for the Federal which I usually shoot. Overall, I was pretty impressed, and I think it's worth the extra couple of bucks.

Thanks. I'm running low on .22 and the last time we went out my son's 10/22 was choking bigtime on Federal bulk pack. I'll try some of the Winchester.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
is that the stuff thats designed for semi-auto use? i was reading the box and wondered if it was worth the extra coin. been stocking up on 22 as the election nears:wave:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I have been shooting it in all the 22's I have and had the same results as pokem. Cycles as well as minimags in my Walther p22and it is cheaper.

good to know. i have a berreta 21a that only works with cci. maybe i'll try the m22 round.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
is that the stuff thats designed for semi-auto use? i was reading the box and wondered if it was worth the extra coin. been stocking up on 22 as the election nears:wave:

Yeah, this is the ammo Winchester developed specifically for the high-capacity, AR-style .22s. I balked a little bit at the price, but now I'm sold on it. Between the accuracy and no failures to fire/extract/eject, the extra couple of bucks was money well spent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom