Hog Hunting Near Clayton Lake State Park

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayhawkclint

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Taking the family camping down to Clayton Lake State Park. Would like to bowhunt some hog. Looking for public land near the state park. I see Bolen Hollow and Pushmataha on the map. I don't have an opportunity to scout the area prior to the camping trip. Has anyone here hunted either of these areas that could confirm a good presence of hog?

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
#1000!

I have not hunted the area, but I can pretty much tell you there are going to be hogs there or close by. Been hot down here though, pigs are pretty much nocturnal. Unless you had a spot pre-baited or something else, you might as well pick up a fishin rod. That's just my opinion though, and not a very good one at that! haha

jayhawkclint

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really? I was hoping to track them and get one either wallowing or bedding. Do they go up beyond the hunting area during the day? Anyone ever been successful down there near the Clayton area?

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That area is really cool! Have never hunted there but it is a very interesting area as I recall. Hog hunting with a bow? Wow! I have never even seen a hog yet. I see traces of them all over on the lease and pics of what appears to be 30 of them but they must be smarter than I am!

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's been years, but I had hogs in close during a blackpowder draw hunt at Push Mgt Area. The manager at the time wanted us to kill them all. I didn't shoot but should have I guess. The deer did not cooperate after all. Found a couple of tusks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom