CCW Safe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i hate to be the one who brings up the possible down side. I cannot imagine ANY attorney agreeing to take on a case for the proceeds of this insurance after a cc'r shoots/kills someone. It sounds like prepaid legal, and though it says it will, but for how long. Attorneys are billing $300-500 an hour, how long are they gonna rep you for no money out of your pocket? What circumstances? What if you are convicted of a bad shoot? Might be a good thing, and don't want to rain on anyones parade, but I naturally trust no one, and until I have proof otherwise, $100 a year for something kind of nebulous is a no go.

O

Okarche1

I found out about CCW Safe from a current OKC Police Officer, and was interested to find out more about the service. I searched the website www.ccwsafe.com and was very impressed by what they claimed to due for a member in the case of a gun related conflict, as usual I need to talk to a live human to ask questions, so I called and talked with Mike Darter CEO of CCW Safe. He explained how the service works and it is just as advertised on the website. I immediatly joined CCW Safe, because I have always thought about what would happen God forbid, I was ever involved in a situation where I had to use force. I am only speaking for myself, but I do not have the resources and money it would take to defend myself in a civil suit. This is a fairly new company and getting started,but I get the idea from talking to Mike and viewing some of the YouTube videos from their lead attorney, and lead investigator that CCW Safe will offer more and more as time goes on and membership should explode. Remember you are covered by CCW Safe in any state that has CCW laws. For $99 a year CCW Safe gives me the peace of mind I have been looking for.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i hate to be the one who brings up the possible down side. I cannot imagine ANY attorney agreeing to take on a case for the proceeds of this insurance after a cc'r shoots/kills someone. It sounds like prepaid legal, and though it says it will, but for how long. Attorneys are billing $300-500 an hour, how long are they gonna rep you for no money out of your pocket? What circumstances? What if you are convicted of a bad shoot? Might be a good thing, and don't want to rain on anyones parade, but I naturally trust no one, and until I have proof otherwise, $100 a year for something kind of nebulous is a no go.
my house is insured for $200,000 i don't pay any where near that for premiums ,but if my house burns down the insurance company will pay me $200,000 same thing

O

Okarche1

You hit the nail on the head saddlebum. Great comparison, but they are not an insurance company like some of the other CC plans out there. CCW Safe is really worth looking at.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live in the country. I pay for a service with Life-Flight. If I fall off my mower with a heart attack, they fly a chopper in and get me where I need to go. I see this as similar. I am not planning to have a heart attack or needing to defend my self from shooting anyone to defend my self in the near future, but if need, I might be additionally covered. Kinda like the original spare tire on my 2000 Dodge Dakota I used last month for the first time. I was able to get to the tire shop to remove the screw. I despise lawyers and our legal system of not allowing common sense into our laws, but our society has changed to a point where honesty and common sense has very little to do with real life situations or legal decisions. I guess we all might get the screw at some point in our lives, in many different ways. It seems that there needs to be more effort put into protecting ourselves from these ways than trying to do what is right. It seems common sense and honesty are a past way of life in America, thanks to the people who preside over our legal system. Sad.

trade_sniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well it's been over a year since this thread was started and I've heard this company advertising on the radio lately so I looked them up (I didn't see this thread when it originally was posted) and it still seems legit, they have survived their first 1-2 years in business and I am thinking about signing up. How many on here have signed up and what is your opinion so far?

I understand it's just $99/yr for a single membership. I also understand that not many of these incidents happen, so they make their money from lots of members and only having to defend a handful.

Just wanted to see if anyone had any opinions or experience in the last 16 months since this thread started.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

It works just as any insurance company would...the majority of policy holders won't ever need it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom