Guns welcome sign

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Shooters,
I have seen peoples concerns about gun buster signs, and how they will take there buisness elsewhere if they see a sign where they shop. I totally understand this. I am a buisness owner, and i am pro gun, hell, doctor told me that my blood type changed to NRA+ this year. What i wanted to do for Nov 1st was place a sign at my door stating people are welcome to bring in there legally carried firearms into my store. One concern that i do have is people removing there firearm from there holster to show somebody there firearm, and a discharge occuring in the store. So i wanted to mention on the sign that all though firearms are welcome in the store, please keep them holstered. Now i know some people will make a fuss out of that, me asking them to keep them holstered. Can you shooters help me word a sign that can in a friendly manner inform the public that they CAN bring their firearms into the store, but keep them holstered for everybody's safety. My 2year old daughter is in and out of the store all day long, my mom and wife are constantly in here too, plus my employees and customers. I know the odds of someone unintentionally discharging there firearm in my store are slime, but so are my odds of getting robbed. (but i still prepare for that moment) I am horrible at putting my thoughts on paper(you can see by reading this post) and know that many of you are good at it. Can you help me create a friendly pro 2A sign for my store? I would like it to be on a 8.5x11 paper( but open to ideas). I also want to know if the MODS/ OSA STAFF would mind if i included the OSA logo on the sign? Any help would be appreciated. Heck i just had an idea where OSA can make these signs and distribute them to pro guns buisness' to promote safe carrying/ gun safety! just an idea, i would pay for my sign if osa made them.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do something like this http://wisconsingunowners.org/pro-ccw-signs/ Big Pro Gun then caveat that with small print.

I like that sign. But it does not mention gun safety/ keeping firearm holstered while on premisis. I know most of the firearm community will keep them arms holstered until needed, it's just that ONE who wont that im afraid of.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We would like to ask that all firearms remain holstered while on the
premises to prevent an “AD”. Thank you to all our valued customers
for helping to support and protect our Second Amendment Rights.

Probably needs a little better wording but could be close. Ohh and run everything I say thru a spell check.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure but isn't unholstering your weapon in public without cause i.e. having to use it in defense ect. a violation? I can't imagine a law abiding citizen who's fought this long for that right to take a chance on losing it for the sake of showing off his/her firearm.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure but isn't unholstering your weapon in public without cause i.e. having to use it in defense ect. a violation? I can't imagine a law abiding citizen who's fought this long for that right to take a chance on losing it for the sake of showing off his/her firearm.

I would figure so. I have a couple of tables where poeple can sit and eat, and I can just picture while sitting and eating they might be like"this is what I carry, you should get one of these" ......bang!!!! Or drops it on the floor or something stupid while passing his/her firearm to someone to see. I guess I'm just taking it a stretch far. Maybe I shouldn't worry about it.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We would like to ask that all firearms remain holstered while on the
premises to prevent an “AD”. Thank you to all our valued customers
for helping to support and protect our Second Amendment Rights.

Probably needs a little better wording but could be close. Ohh and run everything I say thru a spell check.

+1. Sounds good. This might be the winner.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How is this for a sign?

4.bp.blogspot.com__TVJCfR7BxN8_S8ASTaS8QVI_AAAAAAAAAEg_jUVy__FyxR8_s1600_gunfree.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom