Oil & Gas Leases in Central Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FakeHuman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just curious if any other landowners up in Logan county have been approached by drilling companies looking to lease your land. I've started to see quite a few gas wells going up in western Logan county and would be curious what kind of yields they are getting from those wells. Is there a source out there somewhere that lists that type of data?

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OGS.OU.edu you are going to have to search for it though.

From 1975 to 2009 Logan county has produced 407263 barrels of oil and 6522196 McFs of CH4.

Wells in the Northwest of LC (Edmond West Field) arent really big producers of oil (at least I dont think). Production is something around 2/3 Natural Gas.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work for Patterson-UTI drilling and we have been punching holes north of Stillwater. I asked one of the company representatives how our holes were doing last week and he said they were good producers. We're drilling for oil up there, not gas. Shallow wells, around 4000 ft vertical and 4000ft lateral.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tons of new wells going in around Coyle over the last couple years. Most of it's 4-5k deep, mostly submersibles that are very undersized to begin with. Schlumberger and a couple ESP companies around OKC have been missing the mark on sizing big time, lots of these wells have produced 2-3x the fluid they planned on. Lots of saltwater to get rid of also... not sure what the cut is.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Natural gas stocks have taken a hit too and not just CHK.

This is true, I've sold off almost all of my energy stuff which was in NG Trusts. Think dividends.

But I've got to say I'm kicking myself in my own a$$ too. I started to buy back into CHK since they have taken a serious hit of late. 3 weeks ago they were under $14, they closed today at 17.61 and I believe they were just north of $18 on Friday. So I missed 23% in three weeks! Dammit! Dammit! Dammit! :hithead:

Latest posts

Top Bottom