M&P22 pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have any insight or experience with one? I am thinking about trading out my 22/45 TB for a S&W M&P22 with thread adapter for a can host...Let me know what yall think of em?

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My bff has one...except for a long trigger pull it's a fantastic gun. If I decide to ever get a 22 semi auto handgun it will be the M&P.

Hitokiri03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My father-in-law has one. We shot it a few weeks ago and it was a nice gun. The trigger pull is long, there will be a remedy for that, I am sure. It fired mini-mags perfectly. Did not test any other ammo. I have heard through the grapevine that APEX Tactical might be releasing a .22LR slide assembly for the regular M&P pistol. Just some food for thought.

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea I am really tempted to get on after today. I handled one at work that I liked the feel of, and I am only looking to get it to match my S&W M&P 15-22. Well that and its threaded and I can adapt my can to it...

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea I am really tempted to get on after today. I handled one at work that I liked the feel of, and I am only looking to get it to match my S&W M&P 15-22. Well that and its threaded and I can adapt my can to it...

M&P15 22 coupled with a M&P 22 pistol would be the ultimate in cheap tactical training or practical rifle matches.

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pictures tomorrow, and shooting on saturday! But I got one tonight, and brought it straight home for a good detailed cleaning.

Of course me being me I tore the whole **** thing apart, removed the mag safety, and checked fit and finish on everything else. I was very impressed with the little pistol. The feed ramp and hammer/ sear were already polished, and its defiantly in the frame housing good and tight.

I ran a couple sub sonics and some powder-less loads threw it with my suppressor attached and its really quiet and super accurate. I did have to adjust my front sight as it was way off center but once corrected it was a BLAST. I believe I will be just as pleased with this little gem and I am with my 15-22.

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
POW!!!
i876.photobucket.com_albums_ab325_88gmchog_Guns_f24f242f.jpg

i876.photobucket.com_albums_ab325_88gmchog_Guns_36c17a34.jpg

Ran 200 ish +/- threw her today and damn I am more impressed with it. I had a couple issues with my 15-22, that smoothed out after about 50 rounds or so. But the M&P 22 pistol ran flawless and super accurate at 7-10 yards and ran any ammo I had. Lead round nose or Hollow point jacketed or not it didn't matter. I puled off 9 out of 10 rounds in 1'' with the 10th at 1 1/2'' not shabby.

Also ran some rounds threw my new Henry H001, and single action 22 revolver too. Had a blast to say the least.

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can I ask why you sold this? I've been thinking about buying one.

I didnt sell it cause I didnt like it thats for sure. I love the feel of the gun and shooting its a BLAST. It is really accurate and with the A1 style flash hider off of my 15-22 its even more accurate and has almost no recoil to it, not that it had a bunch to begin with.

The only reason I am selling this 22 is because a gun came in at work today that I just have to have. I dont have a hunting rifle and we got in a threaded savage 308 and I want it more. I will likely buy another S&W22 in the future cause i think for a training gun its awesome. As a matter of fact I will probably buy a M&P 9 and another 22

Latest posts

Top Bottom