Dpms lr-243

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty much an AR-10 in .243 win. I was thinking about buying one of these, something else for my wife to hunt with and me something else to shoot some yote with.
Anyone have one? Worth having? Likes/Dislikes etc...

The biggest question... Where the heck can you find one! Everywhere I look is sold out. Did they stop making them or are they always this hard to find?

Tumbleweed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an LR-308T with the 16" heavy barrel. I have had good luck with it. It shoots better than I can. It's a little heavy, but I'm thinking of getting a lightweight barrel and hand guard for it. Remington was selling the R-25 in both .308 and .243 with a light weight 20" barrel that might be a good option for you. They are the same gun (made by DPMS). They were cammo from the factory and set up as a hunting rig.

FYI the DPMS platform is similar to an AR-10, however parts are not interchangeable (for the most part). The DPMS also uses SR-25 style magazines (which are common and they make P-mags for) where an AR-10 is by Armalite and only uses the Armalite mags.

I have seen them in stock at Academy, but it's been a while since I've been there.

victor3ranger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have wanted one of the R-25's chambered in 243 ever since they came out, to me that would be an awsome rifle. Does anyone know exactly which mags the R-25 243 takes??
Where do you get mags for these and how much do they cost?

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a DPMS LR 308 and I love it. That being said, I'd get a AR15 platform in 243 WSSM to hunt with. In fact, I have one of those too. I haven't even had a chance to shoot it yet but if it will run and if it's accurate (which the reviews indicate they are both reliable and accurate) then it's definitely the way to go over anything AR10 based.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a DPMS LR 308 and I love it. That being said, I'd get a AR15 platform in 243 WSSM to hunt with. In fact, I have one of those too. I haven't even had a chance to shoot it yet but if it will run and if it's accurate (which the reviews indicate they are both reliable and accurate) then it's definitely the way to go over anything AR10 based.

I liked the AR15 .243 wssm idea.
But after some reading saw that everyone who had/has one had feeding issues. Majority of them said it would hang 1 out of 3 every time. But that's just what I read, I'd be willing to go that route if I find out other wise.

Latest posts

Top Bottom