I'm looking for a little dog that needs a good home ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey BB. Look at one of the rescues. They are always looking for someone to take an older dog. Most people want puppies. The adoption center at 7500 N Western had a very cute little girl Saturday when I was there.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, this thread is about 3 days too late. We just took our Cairn up to Tulsa to be adopted. We still have our westie, but we arent farming him out. He is so low maintenance, the current 2 year old and inbound baby wont put much of a dent in his needs.

We have a scotty/westie mix (along with our German shepherd). He is an AWESOME dog. Rodent kind doesn't stand a chance if it gets within his kill radius.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, this thread is about 3 days too late. We just took our Cairn up to Tulsa to be adopted. We still have our westie, but we arent farming him out. He is so low maintenance, the current 2 year old and inbound baby wont put much of a dent in his needs.

Well, bummer ...

Hey BB. Look at one of the rescues. They are always looking for someone to take an older dog. Most people want puppies. The adoption center at 7500 N Western had a very cute little girl Saturday when I was there.

If I don't take yanksdad3's Maltese, I will probably wind up at the pound. Those folks at the rescues are a bit too "intense" for me. Don't get me wrong, I think they do a good thing, I just think they overthink it a little too much. I'm wanting to give an abandoned animal a good home -- I'm not looking for top secret national security clearance, if you get my drift ...

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BB, you might not pass the background check for the dog.

I'd make a better pet owner than wife ... and I make a pretty good wife ... at least that's what I hear ... LOL

(I've got 2-liter pop bottle full of water in the freezer as we speak for the rabbits ... GC thinks I've lost my mind but the rabbits LOVE to lay up against them when it is hot like this!)

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Craigslist is overflowing with dogs that need homes. We got a wonderful Papillon mix off it 3 years ago. Couldn't ask for a better dog.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd make a better pet owner than wife ... and I make a pretty good wife ... at least that's what I hear ... LOL

(I've got 2-liter pop bottle full of water in the freezer as we speak for the rabbits ... GC thinks I've lost my mind but the rabbits LOVE to lay up against them when it is hot like this!)

Maybe you should get a herder to handle Duke and the wabbits.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe you should get a herder to handle Duke and the wabbits.

LOL ... poor rabbits ... they just don't get it. They are kinda like the cats. Duke just wants to play and they have no patience for it. At least the chickens will banter back and forth with him a bit. They aren't the least bit afraid of him. It's a RIOT when they try to take his MilkBone away. He's absolutely mortified!! He'll scrunch down over it and put a paw on both sides of it ... He never growls or snaps at them though. Maggie pecks him on the paw pretty regularly. At first he'd freak out ... now he just looks at me like "DO SOMETHING MOM!!" All I can do is laugh uncontrollably at the entire circus ... LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom