Cowboy Hats: Felt, or Straw?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's wrong with a hat? All you Oh so Proud Okies ashamed of a cowboy hat? Damn, everytime I think you all can't get any more distance between what you say and what you do....

Hats are great. I wear a straw cowboy hat in the summer. I bought two new ones this summer; a Stetson and a Resitol. Last year, I bought a Larry Mahan. They go great with button up Polo shirts (not knit) and khakis and boots. Just be sure you get a good western belt.

Summer is too damn hot for a felt hat. The Rule used to be straw after Easter and Felt after Labor Day, but the fact is it is damn hot here until October. I usually wear a felt hat when it cools down.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesnt matter what you get cause all I will see is
[Broken External Image]
www.jimcarreyonline.com_images_albums_movies_dumbdumber_stills_dumb_still02.jpg

[Broken External Image]

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
My big deal is: You watch westerns and everybody has a different hat. Now they all look the same.

That's because real country music got sick in the late 80's and passed in '95 or so. Every once in a while one of the greats breathes a little life into it, but mostly nowadays it's a shambling walking dead version of a glorious past.

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's because real country music got sick in the late 80's and passed in '95 or so. Every once in a while one of the greats breathes a little life into it, but mostly nowadays it's a shambling walking dead version of a glorious past.

I'll drink to that. Give me Johnny Cash over Toby Keith any day. WOulda never caught the man in black singin about cups...

Latest posts

Top Bottom