UN Arms Trade Treaty can overide the 2ND admendment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purplehaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has to be ratified for it to be recognized by the US and even if it was ratified it still would not override the constitution, lots of case law via the supreme court of the us that says what I just... Go look it up. Don't be a sheeple like Reddog and parrot incorrect notions.

preokc said:
Yes this is also what concerns me. Am I wrong but since Harry Reid controls the senate he can keep it from ever coming for a vote. If the senate never votes to denounce it the treaty will effect US gun owners. Sorry to bore anyone who has been through this conversation before but just curious.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes this is also what concerns me. Am I wrong but since Harry Reid controls the senate he can keep it from ever coming for a vote. If the senate never votes to denounce it the treaty will effect US gun owners. Sorry to bore anyone who has been through this conversation before but just curious.

The treaty is NOT binding on the US if the Senate never votes to ratify it. Even I can understand that. Which part are you having a hard time understanding?

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People, don't just ignore this thinking that it has to be ratified to become law. I can tell you that while it must be passed by a 2/3 majority to be ratified, as posted, IT IS BINDING UPON SIGNATURE UNTIL IT IS VOTED ON. Therefore until it ever gets called to a vote it will bind us. So it can affect us without actually being ratified.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The treaty is NOT binding on the US if the Senate never votes to ratify it. Even I can understand that. Which part are you having a hard time understanding?

This sounds nice, but is 100% FALSE. Research international law and treaties. The executive branch can bind us to a treaty until it is voted on by the Senate. The power originates from back in the day when the Senate was not typically in session and it was not easy for everyone to just travel for a vote. So the power exist to temporarily bind the USA to a treaty UNTIL THE SENATE VOTE ON IT. No one really foresaw the situation of the Senate refusing to vote on one, it was always assumed that they would do their patriotic duty to their country and vote.

OKIE-CARBINE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this is from the UNITED NATIONS!! they are a bigger power than the little ole united states. pfft. whatever they say, goes.

bow down, silly americans, and give up your weapons.

preokc

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
this is from the UNITED NATIONS!! they are a bigger power than the little ole united states. pfft. whatever they say, goes.

bow down, silly americans, and give up your weapons.

And of course our president will stand up for us americans because he is all for protecting the rights of US citizens and tell the UN to FO! O wait never mind.

Latest posts

Top Bottom