UN Arms Trade Treaty can overide the 2ND admendment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKIE-CARBINE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
oh look, here's whats on the schedule for tomorrow:

Senior-level Policy Meeting on Firearms Control and Practical Disarmament Measures
San Salvador, El Salvador

July 19 - 20

taken from the un.org website

OKIE-CARBINE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
but look, i dont feel like reading all 124 pages of the disarmament document; so...can anybody tell me exactly where it says they are going to come and take our weapons? from what i am seeing, this is to regulate the illegal transfer of weapons and international arms transfers.

OKIE-CARBINE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
im just thinking out loud here...

so it looks like if you have filled out paperwork for your weapons, you are clear. if you have done a face-to-face cash transaction from an individual, then that could be illegal arms trade and they will take your guns.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
but look, i dont feel like reading all 124 pages of the disarmament document; so...can anybody tell me exactly where it says they are going to come and take our weapons? from what i am seeing, this is to regulate the illegal transfer of weapons and international arms transfers.
Your concerns are real, Okie. That "international" thing ruins alot of peoples fun when they read it. Are you losing the ability to see things that aren't there? If so, you'll soon lose your credibility as a conspiracy theorist. I'm proud of you.

hanson405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys, this is an election year. You really think that Obama is going to enact a gun grabbing treaty in the middle of his campaign for re-election? It is political suicide to do so. Just ask Bill Clinton about the effect of the 1994 AWB.

I'm betting Hillary signs it, Obummer rejects it. Maybe secure himself some votes. After he gets re-elected, he does what he really wants.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Former Bill Clinton Chief of Staff Dick Morris was on Fox & Friends today and outlined how Obama & Clinton are planning on getting the Small Arms Treaty into effect by going around the Senate. I think it had something to do with the Vienna Accord or something.... which in essence says that a signed treaty by the Secretary of State has the same force & effect of law...Anyway...on July 27th, Hillary plans on signing the Small Arms Treaty.. it becomes binding law until 1. the Senate over-rides it-- which Harry Reed will not allow it to come to a vote. Or 2. The President [Obama] nullifies the Treaty.. which Obama will not do. Then it will in essense over-ride our second amendment without the advice & consent of the Senate.

What Dick Morris said seems at odds with what I remember from international law (long time ago) studies and what i remember of Constitutional law (also a long time ago). This is not unlike the Kyoto Accords on CO2 levels - not enforceable as law since the Senate has never ratified the treaty.

Until/unless a Treaty is ratified it is not law - the Senate doesn't hold a veto to stop a treaty, rather, it must approve for the object to take effect.

OKIE-CARBINE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What Dick Morris said seems at odds with what I remember from international law (long time ago) studies and what i remember of Constitutional law (also a long time ago). This is not unlike the Kyoto Accords on CO2 levels - not enforceable as law since the Senate has never ratified the treaty.

Until/unless a Treaty is ratified it is not law - the Senate doesn't hold a veto to stop a treaty, rather, it must approve for the object to take effect.

this is International Law (Treaty). this trumps silly American Law. America is just a small fish in a big pond in the grand scheme of things.

purplehaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Incorrect... A treaty has never been held by the supreme court as superior or on par with the constitution. This battle has been fought and lost before. Read my son and you shall learn.
It has to be ratified to be law, this has been fought before in the supreme court and is a matter of record. Read. Not alex jones who is a half wit, but, the actual rulings. If I have to do the research you and Reddog are going to buy ten uppers from me.

10Seconds said:
Yes, the UN and their international courts would be the ones to try and enforce it. All of the other member nations could try and apply pressure for them to do so. Is it likely? Maybe not right now but tides change and who knows what the world could look like in 10 yrs.

Technically, a court would have to uphold an unvoted on treaty on par with the constitution and thus superior to all other laws.

Latest posts

Top Bottom