Attention CCW holders and prospective holders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My renewal is now 102 days and counting. They wasted no time cashing my 2 $170 money orders ( my wife and mine). Everyone who has a similar story should e-mail their State Representatives. I'm doing it right now. This is ridiculous.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if i read the sda book correctly doesn't clearly state that they shall issue the license or deny the application within 90 days of receiving it??? i'm sure it is 90 business days and with a gub'ment agency that is a long time. sorry for all those who are having such long waits. makes me dread whenever mine comes due for renewal.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They told me it can take longer then 90 days but that's because they need to contact Chicago for my background check, and Chicago will take forever.

vicsinner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I imagine there is quite a rush of people getting them right now too. I know every class at Sgt. Everetts and around Cleveland county has been capacity for the last year. So maybe there is just a hell of a lot of checks going on. I got mine in like 80 days when I got my first one in Oklahoma this year.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My renewal is now 102 days and counting. They wasted no time cashing my 2 $170 money orders ( my wife and mine). Everyone who has a similar story should e-mail their State Representatives. I'm doing it right now. This is ridiculous.

Are you counting from the date the money orders were cashed?

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those who have had their app at OSBI longer than 90 days, or turned it in to the sheriff and it has been longer than 104 days, let OK2A know. OK2A wants counts of people that have had to wait longer than allowed by law for their permit so they can lobby the legislature next session about this issue. The goal is going to be to show the flaws in the permitting process and get rid of the permit all together. OK2A's website is http://ok2a.org

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to OSBI they have 90 days from when they receive the application from the sheriff's office on new applications. They advise you to contact them if its been more than 115 days since you turned in your application to the sheriff.

So, is the hold up only with OSBI or is their an issue with the local sheriff's office, too. Obviously, renewals bypass the sheriff in those cases.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I imagine there is quite a rush of people getting them right now too. I know every class at Sgt. Everetts and around Cleveland county has been capacity for the last year. So maybe there is just a hell of a lot of checks going on. I got mine in like 80 days when I got my first one in Oklahoma this year.

Not an excuse, hire more employees to keep up with demand. There are Americans out there looking for work.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Are you counting from the date the money orders were cashed?

No from where the OSBI told they received it (4/4 btw). Spoke to a nice woman today and she said they were approved and should be mailed out today or tommorrow. She also told me they were swamped, running 90 days average with a 3-4 week backlog. I told her they needed to hire more people, she said they were trying to get the funding and the go ahead. Weldon Watson and Bill Brown will be hearing from me on this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom