Beretta Nano trigger job

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scomo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hit the range today and shot a Beretta Nano for the first time and really liked it. It feels like it would conceal well and comfortably to boot. My only dislike is the length of the trigger pull. It feels like a mile from start to bang.

I'm considering purchasing a Nano for a conceal gun, but I think I would like it more with a nice trigger job. My only concern with doing this is accidental discharge. I don't know what the trigger weight is on the Nano, but if it were 6 lbs and I were able to and decided to make it 3 lbs, should I be concerned with accidental discharge? To my knowledge, there are no safeties on this gun.

Has anyone done a trigger job on one of these?

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a Nano daily and it is a great gun for the role I use it. The trigger gets better (smoother) with use. I have about 1500 rounds through mine as well as lots of dry fire initially. The reported trigger weight is 7-8 lbs, but I have not actually measured mine. I know it feels much lighter than my J-frame's trigger.

I do not know anyone who has done a trigger job on a Nano. I would be much more concerned about an accidental discharge with a 3lb trigger on this type of gun. There are no manual safeties, but there is the Glock-like trigger lever as well as a firing pin block.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own a beretta which led me to join the beretta forum, there are scores of threads on there with DIE HARD beretta fans having to turn their backs on the nano. If I remember correctly the nano has something similar to a design flaw which causes failures for many nano owners. A quick search on that forum will give you more than a handful of threads on the issue.

I have heard good things about the smith & Wesson shield, so that may be worth looking into.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have held both the Nano and my Shield, the trigger pull is extremely long on the Nano and the pull on the Shield is nice and crisp and I am sure that it will be getting better with time. I'd say if you can go somewhere that has them both available to test fire do it, that always helps with making a decision.

dvPete

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own and carry a Nano & I like it. I have not had any issues with it so far. It is a great shooter for a tiny 9mm & I can hit well with it. I do agree that the trigger pull is long, but it has smoothed out a bit over a few hundred rounds and dry firing.

I haven't shot the Shield (can't keep one around long enough), but I have pulled the trigger on it. I actually didn't care for the trigger pull, but will reserve my judgement until I've actually shot one.

I would also be interested in hearing about a trigger job on the Nano.

Scomo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own a beretta which led me to join the beretta forum, there are scores of threads on there with DIE HARD beretta fans having to turn their backs on the nano. If I remember correctly the nano has something similar to a design flaw which causes failures for many nano owners. A quick search on that forum will give you more than a handful of threads on the issue.

I have heard good things about the smith & Wesson shield, so that may be worth looking into.

Thanks, Beast -

Last Sunday, when I shot the Nano, I also shot the M&P 9c, which as you guys know is similar to the Shield. From what I read, the trigger is the same im the Shield and the 9c. That 9c is a really nice gun and i'm actually torn between a Nano and the M&P 9c. The main reason being the trigger. If the Nano had a shorter trigger throw (not even necessarily a lighter trigger) I'd be sold on the Beretta. I'll have to check out the beretta forum, though and see what those guys beefs are all about. If it turns out a trigger job isn't a smart idea on a Nano, I'll go M&P.

Has anyone heard of a trigger job being done on one of these? And I'll ask again: do you guys think a shorter/lighter trigger would be a dumb idea for the nano? In other words, would I be increasing the odds of an accidental discharge? I would be carrying it.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks, Beast -

Last Sunday, when I shot the Nano, I also shot the M&P 9c, which as you guys know is similar to the Shield. From what I read, the trigger is the same im the Shield and the 9c. That 9c is a really nice gun and i'm actually torn between a Nano and the M&P 9c. The main reason being the trigger. If the Nano had a shorter trigger throw (not even necessarily a lighter trigger) I'd be sold on the Beretta. I'll have to check out the beretta forum, though and see what those guys beefs are all about. If it turns out a trigger job isn't a smart idea on a Nano, I'll go M&P.

Has anyone heard of a trigger job being done on one of these? And I'll ask again: do you guys think a shorter/lighter trigger would be a dumb idea for the nano? In other words, would I be increasing the odds of an accidental discharge? I would be carrying it.

Ive been told that the Shield and 9c triggers are different.

Another thing I like about my Shield is that it has the safety on it, its just another thing to add peace of mind to carrying it.

I don't know if doing a trigger job on the Nano would increase your risk of AD, but I also havent read anything about doing a trigger job on it.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the nano has no safeties (I dont know if it does or doesnt) I would be a bit uncomfortable with a 3lbs trigger. I believe Glocks and XDs are around 5lbs and thats the weight I would prefer in my EDC as well.

I always believed 3lbs and under gets into competition trigger territory.

Latest posts

Top Bottom