Reloading idea - Dry brass with a dehydrator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim7711

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure lots of other people have thought of this, but thought I would share it anyway. After I size my brass I wash and let it dry. I decided to try my dehydrator for drying. Looks like it should work well.

I layered my brass by how many times fired and brand on the different racks and labeled them.

i1137.photobucket.com_albums_n511_48down_Brass2.jpg

i1137.photobucket.com_albums_n511_48down_Brass.jpg

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How long does it take? I use a drying rack in the laundry dryer. I put a towel on the rack, spread out the brass and let the dryer run for 20 minutes or so.

jim7711

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How long does it take? I use a drying rack in the laundry dryer. I put a towel on the rack, spread out the brass and let the dryer run for 20 minutes or so.
Thats a good idea.

I dont know how long it takes. I'm setting it on 135 degrees and just let it run for a couple hours. I haven't checked them to see if they are dry before that.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can also blow it off with an airhose then lay it out on a towel and use a heat gun. Roll the brass around with your hand as you are drying it. As long as you can still roll it around with your hands it is not getting to hot. It is a quick way if you are in a hurry. Good idea Jim. Never heard of that one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom