5.45x39 Ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone know of any great deals on bulk 5.45x39? Sportsmansguide has some but they are sold out of the big bulk boxes right now. Of course I was always seeing this ammo every where and now I order an AK-74 and can't find any good cheap deals :scream:.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like the 5.45 will be getting up to the price of 5.56
D@mn Neal always gotta ruin my fun :comfort:

Looks like I will be placing an order for 600 rounds through sportsmans guide and then setting a good chunk o change to grab as much at the next gun show that I can.....

Looks like Bryan_Aim suggests sticking with 7.62x39 glad I have the VZ and AMD

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another grim morsel out of that thread was that on page 3 he claims that Century won the rights to the Korean Garands! That freakin sucks as well!

But at least they will be finally coming home.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to be Debbie Downer but if the importers ever stop shipping this stuff,there is not one domestic manufacturer of 5.45x39(that I know of anyway).
Correct! Hornady offers steel match but its made with imported steel primed cases. if imports were cut off, you/Hornady would be screwed. At least until domestic manufacturers saw a demand and started production.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are a country based on money. If the importation stops, there will be several domestically that start to produce it. Forget about it being 12¢-15¢ a round, though. Then again, it will likely be boxer brass cases, though. That's a plus.

Latest posts

Top Bottom