Best chicken gizzards and livers in OKC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes you read the title correctly. We've had a few "best food" discussions before... Mexican,tamales,and others. Here goes another.

A buddy called today and wanted to go to lunch with me...have me buy his lunch is more like it!!! Work load was minimal..so we went.

What he didn't know was, I had a craving for some chicken gizzards. I took him to...I think it's called...The Corner Market...North of 16th on MLK Blvd..MLK &Ganada?

He thought I was taking him to the hood by the look on his face.

Well, to me, they have always had the best chicken gizzards. I use to buy some gizzards on NE 23rd across from WalMart...Church's Chicken...but I've heard they quit selling them.

So OKC, where's the best chicken gizzards and livers...already cooked? I need some more places to try!! Man-oh-man, these are going to be a regular dish come NFL season...oh yeah.

As for my buddy...not only did I take him to the hood[his opinion/NOT MINE]..he thinks chicken gizzards have got to be the worst food there is. He also thinks I take him to some "unique" dinnig establishments.

Cohiba

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best I've ever had in my life was from "Charlie's Chicken" but they don't have one in OKC. I spoke to the big cheese, or chicken as the case may be, and he hinted that they have been looking at OKC and not to be surprised if one showed up soon. I think there is one in Norman or Stillwater I can't remember. Not only the best livers and gizzards but the best chicken "chunks" you ever sank a fang into.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
O wow now your talking my language. I would like to nominate Tacora Mart for the best livers and gizzards IN THE WORLD!!!! Unfortanatly they are not located in OKC. Im not only saying this because i own the place, but because when we bought it, i had customers threaten me that if i changed anything with the livers or gizzards i would soon find myself at the bottom of the lake. If your ever in the Oologah Lake area, come check us out. We dont fry them, we broast them!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best I've ever had in my life was from "Charlie's Chicken" but they don't have one in OKC. I spoke to the big cheese, or chicken as the case may be, and he hinted that they have been looking at OKC and not to be surprised if one showed up soon. I think there is one in Norman or Stillwater I can't remember. Not only the best livers and gizzards but the best chicken "chunks" you ever sank a fang into.
I ate there last month in Checotah I think it was. It was alright but not by any means great.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not a fan of livers and gizzards but my Grandfather like the ones from Jims Fried Chicken to go in Nicoma Park. I am pretty sure it is just west of 23rd and Post.

Latest posts

Top Bottom