What is the fine for carrying concealed weapon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlefoot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This has probably been asked and answered before. Does anyone know the fine for a concealed loaded weapon in a vehicle. Example Wife driving my vehicle which has said weapon, get stopped and for whatever reason the gun is discovered. What is the fine? Yes i realize said wife should get a carry permit.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TITLE 21 § 1289.13A. Improper transportation of firearm

IMPROPER TRANSPORTATION OF FIREARM

A. Notwithstanding the provisions of 1272 or 1289.13 of this title, any person stopped pursuant to a moving traffic violation who is transporting a loaded pistol in the motor vehicle without a valid concealed handgun permit authorized by the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act or valid license from another state, whether the loaded firearm is concealed or open in the vehicle, shall be issued a traffic citation in the amount of Seventy Dollars ($70.00), plus court costs for transporting a firearm improperly. In addition to the traffic citation provided in this section, the person may also be arrested for any other violation of law.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TITLE 21 § 1289.13A. Improper transportation of firearm

IMPROPER TRANSPORTATION OF FIREARM

A. Notwithstanding the provisions of 1272 or 1289.13 of this title, any person stopped pursuant to a moving traffic violation who is transporting a loaded pistol in the motor vehicle without a valid concealed handgun permit authorized by the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act or valid license from another state, whether the loaded firearm is concealed or open in the vehicle, shall be issued a traffic citation in the amount of Seventy Dollars ($70.00), plus court costs for transporting a firearm improperly. In addition to the traffic citation provided in this section, the person may also be arrested for any other violation of law.

And it still sucks that the penalty for failure to notify will be $100, more than carrying concealed without a license.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It can be charged as transporting a loaded firearm, or carrying a concealed firearm...both can be misdemeanors and could goto Jail. Get a permit, it is kind of a big deal if an officer wants to make it so.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know what blows my mind? The fine for carrying illegally is less than the cost to apply to do it legally!!! Raise the fine or lower the cost to apply for the damn thing, I prefer the latter.

Perhaps those fines could hire another employee or two so those who follow the law can do so with a timely response from the state.

We ought to write to legislators to bring this to their attention that people who carry legally want the fine for doing so illegally raised.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What if your intoxicated. I ask because this happened to a friend last weekend. He was not in the car, the loaded gun was and he was standing in the driveway at his inlaws house when the cops were called for something else. The gun was laying visible in the back seat of his car and the LEO saw it (yes hes a dumbass and I convinced him to get to an AA meeting yesturday).
The HP said that was a felony but for some reason didnt press the issue further and he got no fine or nothing.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What if your intoxicated. I ask because this happened to a friend last weekend. He was not in the car, the loaded gun was and he was standing in the driveway at his inlaws house when the cops were called for something else. The gun was laying visible in the back seat of his car and the LEO saw it (yes hes a dumbass and I convinced him to get to an AA meeting yesturday).
The HP said that was a felony but for some reason didnt press the issue further and he got no fine or nothing.

I think the officer knew he wouldn't get far trying to charge him with anything. He wasn't is possession of the firearm, and it wasn't being transported at the time it was spotted.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

This is interesting. There's a chance the OHP did not push the issue as your friend was not in the car and therefore not in control of the car. The car just happened to be storing a loaded gun. Just like your house can store a loaded gun. There's also a chance the car could be considered your domain just like your house...when the car is simply sitting in the driveway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom